Introductions

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Introductions

Post by sloandog »

Welcome :D

Tinashce Ruswa

Post by Tinashce Ruswa »

Didnt even read this introductions section till now.My bad on that since been on the forum for a minute...Anyway better late than never.Am Tinashe n Zimbabwe cricket close to my heart as I was part of their development program and played for Zimbabwe till Zim A stage thenb went off to study in SA so was with the H/Veld Lions Academy and ended up in WP playing 1acricket for UWC and SA club champs whilst doing undergrad and post grad..Currently doing my masters in Computer Science @ Durham University and part of county Durhams winter training program & British Northern Universities NUSC & Durham University BUCS squad.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Tinashce Ruswa wrote:Didnt even read this introductions section till now.My bad on that since been on the forum for a minute...Anyway better late than never.Am Tinashe n Zimbabwe cricket close to my heart as I was part of their development program and played for Zimbabwe till Zim A stage thenb went off to study in SA so was with the H/Veld Lions Academy and ended up in WP playing 1acricket for UWC and SA club champs whilst doing undergrad and post grad..Currently doing my masters in Computer Science @ Durham University and part of county Durhams winter training program & British Northern Universities NUSC & Durham University BUCS squad.
Would you consider going back and playing first class cricket in Zimbabwe ??

Tinashce Ruswa

Post by Tinashce Ruswa »

sloandog wrote:
Tinashce Ruswa wrote:Didnt even read this introductions section till now.My bad on that since been on the forum for a minute...Anyway better late than never.Am Tinashe n Zimbabwe cricket close to my heart as I was part of their development program and played for Zimbabwe till Zim A stage thenb went off to study in SA so was with the H/Veld Lions Academy and ended up in WP playing 1acricket for UWC and SA club champs whilst doing undergrad and post grad..Currently doing my masters in Computer Science @ Durham University and part of county Durhams winter training program & British Northern Universities NUSC & Durham University BUCS squad.
If we can work out something that takes into consideration my professional Consultancy occupation I don't see a reason why not.....

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Tinashce Ruswa wrote:
sloandog wrote:
If we can work out something that takes into consideration my professional Consultancy occupation I don't see a reason why not.....
Well sort it out and get back playing!
Zimbabwe cricket has entered a new and exciting chapter, and you need to be a part of it mate!
The prospect of test cricket must be apetising

Tinashce Ruswa

Post by Tinashce Ruswa »

sloandog wrote: Well sort it out and get back playing!
Zimbabwe cricket has entered a new and exciting chapter, and you need to be a part of it mate!
Test cricket really is appetizing..been having a SERIOUS rethink bout it.I am headed home in August after my season here in Durham so will see.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Tinashce Ruswa wrote:
sloandog wrote: Well sort it out and get back playing!
Test cricket really is appetizing..been having a SERIOUS rethink bout it.I am headed home in August after my season here in Durham so will see.
Fanntastic! :D good on you man

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Hi there,

I only discovered this forum recently and spent a good part of the weekend catching up with recents topics and post. Must say, this is what I was looking for all this while (while not actually looking, i.e. typing "Zimbabwe cricket" into a search engine instead of lazily visiting cricinfo all the time).

I'm not from Zim nor do I have any connections there, in fact I'm not even from a cricketing nation, but rather from the very diaspora: Germany. But when I started following cricket in the late nineties, the underdog-factor drew me towards Zim immediately. The 1999 WC was the first major cricket event I was able to follow more closely (there is no cricket coverage in our national media obviously), and Henry Olonga's heroics vs. India sealed it for me. I've been following Zim ever since, through the good and bad times, even when there was hardly anything more to gather than a few sparse scorecards from a then depleted Logan Cup.

Now I'm excited as anybody at the return of test cricket, and I'm equally looking forward to join in the discussion on this board.

Cheers,
H.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

thanks for the welcome, Jemisi!

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Welcome to the boards - make yourself at home! :)