Introductions

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Introductions

Post by sam_ahm »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:57 am
10 posts mate, you should be fine now.

Sorry it's taken a while, I haven't really been online much lately to do approvals.
Thanks mate! :)

DVMace09

Post by DVMace09 »

Hi all, the name's Devon, and a few of you might have seen a couple of the interview pieces I've done with Rhodesian/Zimbabwean cricketers (Eddo Brandes, Brian Davison).

Bit of a cricket nut, and just wanted to sign up to see your perspectives on the cricket world!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

G'Day

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Nice to have you on board, Devon. That's a nice photo you got there with the Howard Gardiner obituary on your blog. Any idea what's in those slightly Op art-like boxes Gardiner and some others got presented with (although Procter got a different box)?

And you wouldn't know it, but by sharing a photo of John Ward beneath the obituary you will attain instant fame with some of us ZQF fanatics ;)

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Welcome on board Devon!

DVMace09

Post by DVMace09 »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:05 am
Nice to have you on board, Devon. That's a nice photo you got there with the Howard Gardiner obituary on your blog. Any idea what's in those slightly Op art-like boxes Gardiner and some others got presented with (although Procter got a different box)?

And you wouldn't know it, but by sharing a photo of John Ward beneath the obituary you will attain instant fame with some of us ZQF fanatics ;)
Finding a photo of Gardiner took me an awfully long time. Sourced it from here, where the blurb says shirts are within the boxes: http://www.zjc.org.il/family_biographie ... icket.html

Re. John, he said it's the only photo he has of himself so we can all feel privileged there.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

Hi everybody

I have read all the comments on this forum for more years than I can remember. As you all know unless you post ten replies you can't have any comments seen on this forum (a strange regulation to be honest which doesn't give anybody any incentive to post replies). So having posted three replies over many months I have decided (as you will see today) to bring my replies up to over ten - which hopefully means my replies from now on will appear immediately

For your interest I am a Lancastrian, retired from working for a living, and have lived in Lancashire all my life. I have followed cricket in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and South Africa with great interest for the last fifty-odd years!!

I listened in the good old days (on my short wave radio which i still use) to live radio cricket commentaries, on Saturday afternoons, of the Currie Cup on Radio RSA (the overseas service of SABC) which took the feed from the domestic service of SABC. I got to know (and later met) Bob Nixon who did live commentaries from Rhodesia/Zimbabwe

I have watched South Africa play Test cricket in England, Australia, SA and NZ and watched hundreds of matches in our county championship (as well as loads more in our local cricket). I have also been very fortunate to have a SA cricket media pass so have met many cricket journalists in the Press boxes at all the main SA grounds

I have corresponded with John Ward for many years on Rhodesia/Zimbabwe cricket. I have watched country championship cricket with John at Old Trafford. You guys don't realise how fortunate you are in having John to keep updating all your cricket records, players biographical details, write obituaries, answering queries (not least mine!) . I say this despite the fact he is a Yorkshireman!!

I keep records on all player's to have played in South African domestic cricket (over 6000 players from 1888/89 to date). If you ever have any queries I will be more than happy to help if possible (John being the one to ask on Rhdoesia/Zimbabwe chaps)

Cheers

Robin

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

robbocricket wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:09 pm
Hi everybody

I have read all the comments on this forum for more years than I can remember. As you all know unless you post ten replies you can't have any comments seen on this forum (a strange regulation to be honest which doesn't give anybody any incentive to post replies). So having posted three replies over many months I have decided (as you will see today) to bring my replies up to over ten - which hopefully means my replies from now on will appear immediately

For your interest I am a Lancastrian, retired from working for a living, and have lived in Lancashire all my life. I have followed cricket in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and South Africa with great interest for the last fifty-odd years!!

I listened in the good old days (on my short wave radio which i still use) to live radio cricket commentaries, on Saturday afternoons, of the Currie Cup on Radio RSA (the overseas service of SABC) which took the feed from the domestic service of SABC. I got to know (and later met) Bob Nixon who did live commentaries from Rhodesia/Zimbabwe

I have watched South Africa play Test cricket in England, Australia, SA and NZ and watched hundreds of matches in our county championship (as well as loads more in our local cricket). I have also been very fortunate to have a SA cricket media pass so have met many cricket journalists in the Press boxes at all the main SA grounds

I have corresponded with John Ward for many years on Rhodesia/Zimbabwe cricket. I have watched country championship cricket with John at Old Trafford. You guys don't realise how fortunate you are in having John to keep updating all your cricket records, players biographical details, write obituaries, answering queries (not least mine!) . I say this despite the fact he is a Yorkshireman!!

I keep records on all player's to have played in South African domestic cricket (over 6000 players from 1888/89 to date). If you ever have any queries I will be more than happy to help if possible (John being the one to ask on Rhdoesia/Zimbabwe chaps)

Cheers

Robin
Welcome to ZCF robbocricket, this was a great read!

encore

Post by encore »

chesterton = ZIMDOGGY
Voice of reason.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

encore wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 pm