RIP Heath Streak

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: RIP Heath Streak

Post by eugene »

Heath Streak died in the early hours of Sunday, September 3. Nadine Streak posted the news on Facebook so it is definitely legit this time. The loss of a true legend.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

RIP Streaky. Devestating indeed.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This man was my OG. The first proper cricketer I knew and loved. He was the beginning of it all, properly, for me.

I always remember the day I bumped into him at Jaggers. I was so excited. My mum told me to go say hello. I was nervous. She gave me her notepad and I borrowed a pen from one of the service people. He said hi and signed for me an autograph.

Nothing but a true Zimbabwe legend. The pictures of him on the post are so sad. Cancer truly is the worst. Hopefully his legacy never dies.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Words can't describe the feelings right now. Why do the good ones always get taken so early 😢

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, it was a matter of time, unfortunately since that fake news went around.

That Andy Flower interview and his long pause at the mention of Streak still haunts.

Go well big man, you earned a lot of fans around the world for the brand of cricket you played.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This cancer thing is unacceptable in the modern world. It gets a huge percentage of us.
30 000 scientists working on gain of function. The greatest minds working on ways to kill humans through a multitude of different heinous ways, and we can't solve diseases that kill us prematurely, but we can create them. The world is a messed up place. The pharmaceutical industry is 1.5 trillion annually and they have no moral code whatsoever. They spend a good portion of time filing and defending patents, lobbying and making sure they're not accountable for wrongdoing and conducting unacceptable experiments on animals. The world needs a reset.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Just so so sad. He was the reason I wanted to bowl fast. Used to run in during senior training with my zimbabwe old mutual shirt and try and bowl like him. RIP Heath, devastated this morning and I'll absolutely be having a drink to you this evening 💔

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:26 am
This cancer thing is unacceptable in the modern world. It gets a huge percentage of us.
30 000 scientists working on gain of function. The greatest minds working on ways to kill humans through a multitude of different heinous ways, and we can't solve diseases that kill us prematurely, but we can create them. The world is a messed up place. The pharmaceutical industry is 1.5 trillion annually and they have no moral code whatsoever. They spend a good portion of time filing and defending patents, lobbying and making sure they're not accountable for wrongdoing and conducting unacceptable experiments on animals. The world needs a reset.
GOF only covers half of cancers. You also have loss of function tumors look into Knudson's Two-hit Hypothesis. Of course the pharma industry has their share of the blame. Costs 6 bucks to make insulin, but they sell it for $500 dollars. Thats your capitalism for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

At any rate RIP. A fabulous all-rounder and a great love for the game. I'll always remember Streak as the man that really introduced a fast bowling culture in Bangladesh. It was under his guidance that Bangladesh first started playing 3 and 4 quicks in a playing XI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

So sorry to hear this news

Prayers for Heath's family and the community