Vic Falls Stadium

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Vic Falls Stadium

Post by Googly »

I don't care if they divert ICC grants meant specifically for the project, but a portion of ZC funds are going in that direction. Watch for the impending loan as well, putting us straight back into deep shit.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

There is a Zimbabwean space agency?!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Indeed there is.
We are behind Zambia, they had an astronaut training program many years ago.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.newsday.co.zw/theindependen ... nd-project

Uprising looking to build a stadium too. I wonder where they will get 2 million from. Also found it interesting that they are saying you need about 900k to build a basic cricket stadium

To be honest I would rather ZC sponsors 5 stadiums for the clubs than build that Vic Falls stadium for 10 million. Inflated figures or not. We need to see the BOQ for this Vic Falls stadium. Giving clubs a home would create a more competitive spirit.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

This has been an ambition of Uprising for at least a decade. So I’ll be surprised if they suddenly progress this time because they’ve always struggled before.

It definitely doesn’t need to be a ‘stadium’ either. Just a square, a well maintained outfield, some change rooms and maybe some nets. None of that is cheap but that’s all it needs to be - not a ‘state of the art stadium!’

Also why don’t they join up with Gladiators to share the burden? Fellow Chitungwiza club.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Doug Higgins put in about 7 cricket fields in Zambia at various schools for 30k apiece and that included handsome profit.
Obviously that was just the grounds, did not include water, buildings, parking, fencing, sidescreens, boundaries etc etc etc. Just the pitch, the outfield and the grass.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:35 pm
Indeed there is.
We are behind Zambia, they had an astronaut training program many years ago.
:lol: :lol: Can imagine that is beset with the same problems as ZC. Fan bois on facey b posting how these shona astronauts can’t hack it and they need more murungus to get this rocket off the ground.