2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:52 pm
Anything can happen in the semifinals, I would love to see India lose to the fourth place team and see what format they suggest instead. South Africa are a real enigma, batting second they are completely useless.
I can see it now. Pakistan will somehow almost accidentally get into the top 4. Then they’ll beat India. :lol:

There will be riots

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

India will win this through various shenanigans and good luck to them. Must be tough living in the shadow of genuine quality teams from the past knowing the only way you’ll win a World Cup is having it at home and fixing absolutely everything.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Semi Finals or Finals defeat can happen when the games are close and it could eventually go either way.

India have been demolishing opponents, they are miles ahead of everyone, it is difficult to see how can all of a sudden such a big gap be bridged. ODIs are a long format, it is not easy to fluke wins like in T20s.

India are winning the WC in my view and that too easily.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Cricket needs Afghanistan to win.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Wow unbelievable stufff here. Angelo Mathews has actually be given out timed out by the umpires!!

Shakib appealed and umps sent him on his way. Never seen that before!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Happened to Brandon Mavuta in the NPL here last month and then his team (he was captain) refused to continue the match and held a sit-in protest in the umpire changing room :lol:

Never ever seen it in international cricket though - must be a first surely?!?!?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

This is quite the stat;

This was the 263,806th individual batting innings across men's and women's international formats (Test/ODI/T20I), and the first to finish timed out.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

First ever Timed out!!! Indeed.

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

Been seeing that Charles Kunje was the last player to be timed out in FC. Anyone know the story behind that one?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Sri Lankan government has replaced the entire SLC with a government appointed interim committe.

Blatant government intervention but since the team is not Zimbabwe it will go unnoticed in the eyes of the ICC.

Nothing against Sri Lanka, it's not that I want them suspended or anything, just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy by the ICC.