2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: 2023 ODI World Cup Discussion

Post by Pat_Bee »

Where’s shakib’s appeal ranking in the moral log then? Above or below that stumping incident in the ashes :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sri Lanka's next gen batters have finally arrived. All three of Nissanka, Asalanka, and Sadeera average near 40 - which is of course like averaging 32-33 back around the year 2000. But 32-33 was still a solid average. Then you have Mendis who is perhaps their most talented batter but inconsistency has meant his overall average is much lower but on the way up.

Madushanka definitely the top of their bowlers. Chameera and Kumara are too inconsistent but have extreme pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

The laws are the laws.....

The umpire is not qualified in terms of outfit malfunction. So only upon appeal the unpire can make the (inevitable) decision.
The umpire asked Shakib twice to retire his appeal. Shakib refused.

Earlier, when Mathews tried to esplain to him, Shakib answered that it was up to the unpire decision.....

How disgraceful for a nation to be captained by such a little indecent man such as Shakib Al Hasan.

The laws are the laws......

If the laws are (truly) the laws it is unsustainable the scenario for which Mathews could have faced one ball, without helmet, before asking for a new one since the bowler was just a spinner.
It would crearte a precedent: I don't want one day to have the same scenario, maybe on a death over, and a batsman feeling to face, without helmet, Mitchell Starc or Shahid Afridi.

The law sucks! In case of a mishap which may put batsman safety at risk, it should be sufficient to draw the attention of the umpire for extra time to fix the problem.
And Shakib would make his appeals in the toilet of the changing room!

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:40 pm
This is unbelievable dominance by Team India. No has even come close to beating them. Might as well give us the trophy, no way India is losing any game. Similar to Aus 2003, 2007, WI 1975,1979 and Sri Lanka 1996. This will be an undefeated WC win.

I'm not arrogant, I'm actually a very neutral cricket fan, I'm just being realistic here. Tell me one reason why India would lose? There ain't one weak link in this team, in home conditions. Outside of India it would have been close against SENA nations, no doubt.
I think India was undefeated till the semis in the 2015 WC as well. As good as they've been, it's easy to slip up in a high-stakes match. They're going to win the WC most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they mess up some knockout match.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Helmets are for girls anyway, you’d never catch Nackerville wearing one, even facing Chivanga banging it in at 100mph.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

andrea lanzoni wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:57 pm

It would crearte a precedent: I don't want one day to have the same scenario, maybe on a death over, and a batsman feeling to face, without helmet, Mitchell Starc or Shahid Afridi.
As of earlier this year the ICC playing conditions are that helmets must be worn against all seam bowlers in international cricket. So your point is moot.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Shanto looking good for a big hundy here...99% of it scored on the leg side.

Great equalizer...he's had so many freakish dismissals down the leg side (entire Bangladesh batting order has)...and cricket is an off side sport. 90% of dismissals in cricket are on the off side...but for Bangladesh this world cup I'd say 50% of their batters have gotten out on the leg side...often in bizarre fashion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:04 pm
Helmets are for girls anyway, you’d never catch Nackerville wearing one, even facing Chivanga banging it in at 100mph.
Please never stop posting, your posts are the most entertainment I get out of a day :lol:

This one gave me a good chuckle

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just listened to Angelo Mathew's presser. I think he's right.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I'm with Shakib here, there is a CT spot up for grabs and Bangladesh have kept their hopes alive. If anyone supports mankading then they should support this as well. Problem is we only see what we want to see.

People don't walk even after getting a thick edge and before DRS (sometimes even now) used to get away with it. No. One questioned spirit of the game then. Fielders claiming false catches, no one questions spirit of the game.

You do something within the rules, and get questioned on spirit of the game. Bull shit.