BT online poll

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

BT online poll

Post by Googly »

Here's an interesting one.
BT has asked the public/friends/followers whether he should play again or commit to a coaching role.

https://twitter.com/BrendanTaylor86/sta ... SktNw&s=19

I heard he was appealing his ban and I'm guessing that has not rolled out well, but if time is served by 2025 he could still play another couple of years, assuming he still has the reactions and ability.
He's done some charity walks and has the BT Foundation so he's definitely trying to do good and stay in the public eye.

I guess it comes down to whether he's mended any fences with ZC.
They could make him play a domestic season, which would chew up another year or as a coach they are likely to already have and just refuse.

Pat_Bee

Re: BT online poll

Post by Pat_Bee »

Play and smack England all over in 2025. Let’s face it, even then he’ll be one of our better players.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hopefully BT replaces Knackerville. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:07 am
Play and smack England all over in 2025. Let’s face it, even then he’ll be one of our better players.
That would be really interesting to see if he could leave it that long and still be better than some guys that have hopefully improved.
Also will be interesting to see which of Williams, Raza and Ervine are still around. 2025 is a long way off in cricketing terms.
Would he cope under the captaincy of Knackville?
Myers, Bhawa, Madhevere, Marumani, Madande, Muyonga, Welchx2, Bennett, Campbell, Gumbe, Kaia, Kamunhukamwe, Shumba, possibly Schardendorf Jr, and at least 3 others will all be competing for maybe 3 spots.
That's 20 young decent guys. There are going to be tears.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I've said come back and play again... Go for it Brendan!!! 2027 World Cup... And Brendan playing, that will be great!

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:18 am
Pat_Bee wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:07 am
That would be really interesting to see if he could leave it that long and still be better than some guys that have hopefully improved.
Also will be interesting to see which of Williams, Raza and Ervine are still around. 2025 is a long way off in cricketing terms.
Would he cope under the captaincy of Knackville?
Myers, Bhawa, Madhevere, Marumani, Madande, Muyonga, Welchx2, Bennett, Campbell, Gumbe, Kaia, Kamunhukamwe, Shumba, possibly Schardendorf Jr, and at least 3 others will all be competing for maybe 3 spots.
That's 20 young decent guys. There are going to be tears.
Raza and Williams might still be around, would doubt Ervine though. BT is a once in a generation talent, I’m sure he’d be better than most even with his ban served and 3 and a half years out the game. It’s good there’s such competition for places and the guys currently playing need to make cases for themselves so BT doesn’t walk straight back in.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:13 am
Hopefully BT replaces Knackerville. :lol:
Who’s Knackerville yo? Must have missed that one.