Raza new T20I Captain

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Raza new T20I Captain

Post by secretzimbo »

Board has announced that Sikandar Raza is the new T20I captain for Zimbabwe with immediate affect.

There are 'more changes' to be announced apparently.

secretzimbo

Re: Raza new T20I Captain

Post by secretzimbo »

Can't remember being impressed with his captaincy when he has stood-in before but everything he touches turns to gold in the past 2 years so good luck to him. I'm sure he'll do well. Probably the end of Ervine's T20 career, at a guess?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why would they announce that and not the squad?
Of course the Board met in Vic Falls. I shudder to think how much that cost. Probably also inspecting the site for the new stadium as well.
Jeez they know how to haemorrhage money.

Googly

Post by Googly »

"More changes" fills me with foreboding

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZC claim they have 'rung the changes' with 'more to be announced'. This fills me with dread.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I don't mind taking the responsibility of Craig but couldn't they've gone for someone younger? The seniors could've helped to mould him into the hotseat.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Vic falls :lol:

that’s the end of Ervine’s t20 career then.

Captain Raza :lol: :lol: this is either going to turn to gold or be a complete train wreck. At least Ervine was consistent and steady. Everything Raza does is flying by the seat of his pants. Couldn’t think of a worse captain to be honest, never give it to your best player especially when he has the character Raza does. Will be like Ben Stokes on roids.

More changes includes the printing of knackerville’s green mamba in time for the qualifiers.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The change of captaincy is the least of our worries here. Shit I'm nervous. I'm fearful for Mr Houghton

Younger captain? Who did you have in mind?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 pm
The change of captaincy is the least of our worries here. Shit I'm nervous. I'm fearful for Mr Houghton

Younger captain? Who did you have in mind?
It crossed my mind too, but surely not? A series loss to Namibia is how Rajput lost his job though.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Raza is a fair choice. I'm sure Houghton won't be going anywhere but we might see a few new faces in the team. May be.

This was expected, not qualifying for WC was one thing, and then losing to Namibia in a series is another. I just hope they don't take drastic decisions just for the heck of it. I'm not a big fan of Ervine in T20s but atm I'll take him, purely for the respect I have for him for his services to ZC. I would want him to retire on his own terms.

Get Willo, Blessing and Evans in for Qualifiers... I don't want further changes. Stick with Welch... If needed we can bring Bennett in.