Raza new T20I Captain

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Raza new T20I Captain

Post by Pat_Bee »

Dave? Surely not? Not this close to the qualifier.

Hamilton would back Dave I’d like to think. Even if the rest of the board didn’t Hami knows his cricket. Dave will be in the last chance saloon after the 50 over qualifiers, that emerging tour to SA and the Namibia debacle. They’ll have said get us to the WC Dave or we’re redistributing your farm.

Come on, some one younger for the captaincy. Who else would it be other than knackerville :lol: that’s another 500k please.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the captaincy change as Craig being removed from the T20 side? Maybe I'm wrong.

I've seen Raza captain before, not over the moon about that, but there is nobody else. That in itself is pretty scary.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

What about Wellington? I think he will make a good captain. Not sure about Raza but hopefully he can turn things round.

We are awful at t20 cricket

Googly

Post by Googly »

The one thing he will definitely do is bring himself on at crucial times. Not often the right decision.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 pm
The change of captaincy is the least of our worries here. Shit I'm nervous. I'm fearful for Mr Houghton

Younger captain? Who did you have in mind?
I don't feel they'll be sacking houghton.
This namibia series was more of a trial before the qualifiers.
You need to get results though surely.
But then again it's ZC you just never know.
Also for a younger captain, maybe someone like a wellington or burl? Ik they aren't very young but they're at the better side of 30 and also have some experience behind them by now.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:08 pm
The one thing he will definitely do is bring himself on at crucial times. Not often the right decision.
Ya my thoughts exactly. He’ll be getting his full quota in every game guaranteed.

Googly

Post by Googly »

CalZim wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:03 pm
What about Wellington? I think he will make a good captain. Not sure about Raza but hopefully he can turn things round.

We are awful at t20 cricket

I think Welly will ultimately end up being captain of at least one format.

Googly

Post by Googly »

You have to have a captain that's personally doing well fairly consistently. That narrows it down to Raza and Williams. Sean is all over the place. They tried that I think. Not a bad idea to make him focus, but don't think it worked at all.

Ya I don't think they'd change DH now. That would be madness. They'd have to make some fairly good decisions on top of that or DH might take a step back and they realistically can't afford that now.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:10 pm
Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 pm
The change of captaincy is the least of our worries here. Shit I'm nervous. I'm fearful for Mr Houghton

Younger captain? Who did you have in mind?
I don't feel they'll be sacking houghton.
This namibia series was more of a trial before the qualifiers.
You need to get results though surely.
But then again it's ZC you just never know.
Also for a younger captain, maybe someone like a wellington or burl? Ik they aren't very young but they're at the better side of 30 and also have some experience behind them by now.

Burl is not captaincy material!!! :lol: He’s quite the character apparently :lol:

Wellington the sensible choice, and probably will be one day.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:18 pm
You have to have a captain that's personally doing well fairly consistently. That narrows it down to Raza and Williams.
Well Blessing and Richie are in permanent marker on the teamsheet too, but obviously that would be the wildest of wildcards.