Unchanged Sqaud For India Tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Unchanged Sqaud For India Tour

Post by zimfan1 »

Zimbabwe squad to India
Prosper Utseya (captain), Hamilton Masakadza, Tatenda Taibu, Ray Price, Sean Williams, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Vusi Sibanda, Elton Chigumbura, Keith Dabengwa, Forster Mutizwa, Malcolm Waller, Graeme Cremer, Ed Rainford, Chris Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa.

zimfan1

Re: Unchanged Sqaud For India Tour

Post by zimfan1 »

No Brendon Taylor after as it seems that he has made himself available

but i believe these players need to earn the right to play for Zimbabwe not just pick and choose the series they want to play in, perhaps he will play in the Canada series

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Article about the Zimbabwean squad touring to India and Namibia:
Link: http://content.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 93755.html
Zimbabwe tours to India and Namibia

Zimbabwe opt for consistency

Cricinfo staff

March 6, 2009

Zimbabwe's selectors have kept faith in the squad that played in Bangladesh and Kenya at the beginning of the year for the President's XI trip to India.

Zimbabwe have been invited by the Indian board to take part in the Deodhar Trophy, a regional one-day tournament which starts on March 13. They were scheduled to head to Sri Lanka afterwards, but this was postponed because of issues with the host broadcasters.

The team turned in some much-improved performances in Bangladesh before whitewashing Kenya 5-0 in Nairobi, and that persuaded the selectors to name the unchanged squad.

The side will play the first of two Group B matches on March 14 against South Zone and two days later will meet West Zone. The final is set for March 18.

The selectors also named the team for the Namibia tour where an A team will play the Namibia national side to help them prepare for the ICC World Cup Qualifiers in April.

Zimbabwe President's squad to India: Prosper Utseya (capt), Hamilton Masakadza, Tatenda Taibu, Ray Price, Sean Williams, Stuart Matsikenyeri, Vusi Sibanda, Elton Chigumbura, Keith Dabengwa, Forster Mutizwa, Malcolm Waller, Graeme Cremer,
Ed Rainford, Chris Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa.

Zimbabwe A squad to Namibia: Regis Chakabva (capt), Eric Chauluka, Cephas Zhuwawo, Mark Vermeulen, Charles Coventry, Mbekezeli Mabuza, Timycen Maruma, Tafadzwa Kamungozi, Shingi Masakadza, Trevor Garwe, Tendai Chisoro, Bothwell Chapungu, Admire Manyumwa, Natsai Mushangwe.

© Cricinfo

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

http://www.thezimbabweindependent.com/i ... india-tour
Although ZC chairman Peter Chingoka was only expected to sign off the squad this morning as is the norm, IndependentSport established that following a marathon meeting yesterday, the selectors decided to go with an unchanged team for the “purpose of consistence,” indicating that the selectors are seriously searching for a core side ahead of re-admission into the Test arena.
Sounds fair enough to me. I can't wait for the tournament - I'm sure it will be televised too.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Fair enough to stick with the same side after a reasonably successful tour.

Good to see that Williams is still there, but why isn't he playing Faithwear?? I guess that Dabengwa and Waller are probably fairly fortunate to keep their places. Still no sign of Taylor, and also no Chibhabha in either squad...

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

That's really fine for me.This is a chance for all the players to show performance
in India to retain their position in the upcoming series especially with the likes of Dabengwa,Sibanda,Waller who havent really fired yet.

Also worth noting that Sean Williams is in the squad.We have to wait to see if he takes participation in it.

I also do hope that Brendan Taylor will play against Canada for the A side.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ive said all along im am glad the sir lankan tour was moved back as it allows our first team to go to india to gain more experience in asia ahead of the 2011 world cup

also means we have a lot of cricket this year

march - India away
april - Logan cup
June - India at home (tri series)
August - Bangladesh Home
September - Sri Lanka away
November - Bangladesh away

we have nearly a full year of international cricket ahead of us which if you compare to the last two years is a very busy schedule

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Great news as far as India bound squad is concerned, although I would have loved to see Sibanda and Dabengwa replaced with Chibhabha and Takarusenga respectively. Anyway, looking forward to this series very eagerly.

Is any more news available about their touring schedule? When would they be arriving in India, and would they spend some time in Bangalore in the Academy? Please let us know as soon as anyone gets any info, so that I can try and get a glimpse of the boys. Especially, I would like to try and somehow inform Ray Price of ZCF player of the year 2008 award :)