Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | ICC T20 Qualifier | 22 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | ICC T20 Qualifier | 22 November 2023

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:28 am
Check out the Houghton interview on the ZC Twitter page.

Well out of character for him - the pressure is showing. One more defeat this week and he’s out of a job and he knows it, whether we like it or agree with that or not.
The worst performance he’s ever been associated with :lol: :lol: pulling no punches there hey.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

There’s no dollar left for petals even in a short term consultancy role. Blew all that on the AGM at Vic Falls and those new under 25 select kits yo.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:09 am
I've heard good things about Matsi. We've had plenty of batting coaches over the years and nobody has made a noticeable difference. Why should he be the sacrificial lamb?
You are preaching to the choir on the admin and board problems but you can’t overlook coaches and give them a free pass.

You’ve heard good things about Matsi because he’s popular and players like him. That doesn’t equals a good coach. He’s been the batting coach for what, 3 years now? Can he claim a single batter in our side that has actually improved? If anything guys have declined. It’s hard to justify how he has kept his job this long let alone much further.

Everyone sounds very confident that yesterday doesn’t matter and we are just going to reel off five consecutive victories. That’s a huge ask. And if we don’t there will be very big consequences. Nobodies job at any level should be safe.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Flower is a must for the mental side of the game at the very least. The players and Dave would benefit immensely having Andy around in some capacity.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

mnelson68 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:54 am
Flower is a must for the mental side of the game at the very least. The players and Dave would benefit immensely having Andy around in some capacity.
Any qualified addition is more than welcome.
There is so much space for improvement that it doesn't matter to check role allocation: first make coaches in, then let's see.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:37 am
Since no one had started one i'll do the honors. At least we get Namibia out the way directly! Does the team pick itself or will we see a wildcard?
You must be used to defeat loving arsenal fella :lol: bet it was you with the “Wenger out” banner at the anti Bob rally a few years back too :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Petals would have to be desperate or extremely well paid to take a role with ZC. Not to put us down yo but he’s way too good for us. He took England to the top of the test rankings and has pretty much bossed it at every franchise he’s been involved with.

He’s a nice fella, seemed to like being here commentating on the qualifiers with his old mate Pommie but he is just a pipe dream I’d think.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:01 pm
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Since no one had started one i'll do the honors. At least we get Namibia out the way directly! Does the team pick itself or will we see a wildcard?
You must be used to defeat loving arsenal fella :lol: bet it was you with the “Wenger out” banner at the anti Bob rally a few years back too :lol:
Why you say F me for? 😂😂😂 But yeah i love to support dead teams, i just like pain i guess. The missed league last season and then missing on the world cup in the fashion we did this summer has taken its toll on me. Just gotta stay positive though!
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I don’t see why flower sousing get invovled in some way.
It’s still his home. The country that raised him and helped make him and I’m sure he really wants success for Zim and knows he’s probably the one guy that can do it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:34 am
Pat_Bee wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:01 pm
ilovearsenal04 wrote:
Why you say F me for? 😂😂😂 But yeah i love to support dead teams, i just like pain i guess. The missed league last season and then missing on the world cup in the fashion we did this summer has taken its toll on me. Just gotta stay positive though!
Nobody can compete with Man City’s oil dollar, don't feel so bad :lol: