Match Thread: Namibia v Zimbabwe Provinces (3-Day Match)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tlse

Re: Match Thread: Namibia v Zimbabwe Provinces (3-Day Match)

Post by tlse »

zimbabwe 92/2 just after lunch mawoyo out for 15 and kasteni for 50 my information is from the magazine namibiasport.com.na excuse me for my english I am french but a zimbo cricket fan for more than 20 years.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Hi, tise!

Thanks for the info, and welcome to the forums! :)

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

The match started more than an hour late after Zimbabwe’s kit got lost en route to Namibia. Some of their equipment stayed behind in Johannesburg and although the players arrived in Windhoek on Wednesday, their kit was still missing. The first items only arrived at Hosea Kutako International Airport on Thursday morning, resulting in the delay to the start of the match. Even then, some clothing items were still missing and the team was still waiting for their full kit to arrive.
One of the more unusual reasons for a delayed start. :) I guess the horrors I keep hearing about Jo'burg baggage handling are true - although I got through it with baggage intact last time I passed through it...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

cricinfo have just come up with the scoreboard for today, and a good one too :lol:

Kit or no kit Zim declared at 339-6 after 85 overs with a maiden century for Regis Chakabva.

Mawoyo 15, Kasteni 50, Cremer 32, Mujuru 59, Chakabva 118*, Nyamuzinga 32, Meth 8 and Manyumwa 2*, Mahwire, Tsvanhu & Rainsford making up the XI.

At close of play Namibia were 30-1 with Mahwire 2-1-1-1.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Not bad at all. Quite an agressive declaration, too - and with Mawhire's early wicket before the close, looks like it may pay off for them, too...

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

Abt the kit, did they fly with Air Zimbabwe to Joburg? A good score to declare, i predict Mahwire taking at least 3 or 4 more wickets.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Surely the national cricket team would fly SAA? I've heard some horror stories about baggage handlers at Jo'burg too, take anything that's even half way valuable on as hand luggage.

Regis Chakabva is becoming a handy backup player. I hope ZC don't make the mistake they have made with countless others and stick him in the national team though. This guy has potential, he should be in the A team permanently for the next 2 years. A side note, how many wicket keepers do we have? Taibu, Taylor, Maregwede, Mawoyo, Chakabva, Coventry, Butterworth (occasionally)... and spin bowlers too are in abundance.

A good declaration I think. It's only a 3 day match, we have to bowl them out twice quickly. I think the only results here will be a Zimbabwean win or a draw. I think they have batted Namibia out of the game.

Kopje

Post by Kopje »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Surely the national cricket team would fly SAA? I've heard some horror stories about baggage handlers at Jo'burg too, take anything that's even half way valuable on as hand luggage.

Regis Chakabva is becoming a handy backup player. I hope ZC don't make the mistake they have made with countless others and stick him in the national team though. This guy has potential, he should be in the A team permanently for the next 2 years. A side note, how many wicket keepers do we have? Taibu, Taylor, Maregwede, Mawoyo, Chakabva, Coventry, Butterworth (occasionally)... and spin bowlers too are in abundance.

A good declaration I think. It's only a 3 day match, we have to bowl them out twice quickly. I think the only results here will be a Zimbabwean win or a draw. I think they have batted Namibia out of the game.

I thought maybe they used Air Zimbabwe, which might be cheaper and they could easily pay off in local currency. Yea i would reccomend SAA, flew it yrs back when i connected to Namibia.

Regis just needs a few more years, i think he will be well developed, an offbreaker he is as well. With some of the perfomances Zim A and Select have made late last year and early this year, it should be good warm up for the Logan Cup and Faithwear, i expect good totals and individual perfomances.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Namibia were struggling on the second day of their SAA Challenge cricket match against Zimbabwe A after being dismissed cheaply in their first innings.

Namibia were all out for 107 shortly before lunch which gave Zimbabwe an overall lead of 232 runs after the visitors declared their first innings at 339/5. Namibia’s batsmen could not get going against a disciplined Zimbabwean bowling attack and regularly lost wickets.

Zimbabwe’s pace bowler Blessing Mahwire cut through Namibia’s top order to leave the home side struggling at 4/45. He dismissed JB Burger for 23, Dawid Botha for 18, Tobie Verwey for a duck and Gerrie Snyman for 2 and after that Namibia couldn’t recover.

With Namibia [bowled out] still 232 runs behind Zimbabwe’s total, the visitors enforced the follow on and Namibia was sent in for their second innings. Namibia lost JB Burger early in their second innings, caught behind for 2, but Gerhard Rudolph and Dawid Botha rebuilt the innings with a fine partnership, taking Namibia to 84/1. Rudolph was not out on 35 and Botha not out on 34. Zimbabwe were still firmly in the driving seat with an overall lead of 148 runs.
:D

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Good. IMO Namibia are far better than Gauteng etc, so Zimbabwe Provinces must be improving. I think a Zimbabwe Provinces squad should have a few matches against the full Kenyan side.