Zimbabwe Vs Uganda | ICC T20 Qualifier | 26 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sixes fan

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Uganda | ICC T20 Qualifier | 26 November 2023

Post by sixes fan »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:43 pm
And that's me out.
Watched enough of this side since though ZCF since 2009, got my hopes up and had them shattered each time. Im honestly tired of putting so much energy into this side only to be let down. Losing to Uganda has highlighted where we are and I'm honestly tired of the stupidity surrounding our selection decisions, as well as tactics. Been a pleasure gents
I understood you, same as me but i still find myself here after another rock bottom every other year😃😃

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Gazza Ballance can have a mention. What was that?! I get ZC were screwed when BT was banned and he was a ready made replacement offered on a plate after his own shenanigans in England but with hindsight; really?! :lol: They courted him for a year and no doubt expected a few years out of him, being instrumental in getting us through both qualifiers this year. Some racist murungu who liked a bit of coke being forced out the game in his adopted country should have been a major red flag. The time and dollar spent on him would have been better invested in integrating a local boy or two in the side and they’d be settled by now.

Every time I say I’ll give up but the Ireland series will reignite the old fire and I won’t be the only one yo :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

That's a good point. Who's on a Central Contract that hasn't been near the national side for a few years?
Who's on a liveable franchise contract, contributing not a lot when there are better players on a pay as you play contract, and not even playing? :lol:
Who's on a Pay to Play Tuskers contract? :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Those guys on pay to play contracts will be reevaluating their choices and commitments after this debacle. Who’d want to go out their way to play for us when we’re a whipping boy at qualifiers. We’ll see the main man’s true character if he’s still interested now we’re free falling to rock bottom and are an embarrassment already.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:43 pm
And that's me out.
Watched enough of this side since though ZCF since 2009, got my hopes up and had them shattered each time. Im honestly tired of putting so much energy into this side only to be let down. Losing to Uganda has highlighted where we are and I'm honestly tired of the stupidity surrounding our selection decisions, as well as tactics. Been a pleasure gents
Will miss you. Hope you come back.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

One of the big three or wildcard BT for the head coach gig post ban being served.

T20 is a young man’s game. No use having pensioners like Dave coaching that when the format didn’t even exist when they were playing.

These boys actually have the experience of playing cricket in a way the old boys can only preach about. I’d buy into that if I were a young up and coming player rather than old fart Dave. No disrespect to Dave, I’m of an age where I can appreciate why he’s a legend of our game. To some of these young guns though he’s just a moustachioed murungu who probably played timeless tests on uncovered decks.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Like that old white haired I assume Asian guy who’s in the inner circle of the team (or was?) like who the fuck is he?! :lol: :lol: got no beef with him though, clearly ZC like having him around.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:39 pm
To some of these young guns though he’s just a moustachioed murungu who probably played timeless tests on uncovered decks.
Not true. He has huge respect from guys of all ages and backgrounds in the country.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:43 pm
Like that old white haired I assume Asian guy who’s in the inner circle of the team (or was?) like who the fuck is he?! :lol: :lol: got no beef with him though, clearly ZC like having him around.
He was the logistics organiser/tour manager for many years (not sure if he still is) and was a school headteacher.

Donald

Post by Donald »

SOS to Chivanga. We need your thunderbolts and anger on pitch 🤣🤣🤣