Namibia Vs Kenya | Uganda Vs Nigeria| 27th Nov 2023 | ICC T20 Worldcup Africa Qualifiers|

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Namibia Vs Kenya | Uganda Vs Nigeria| 27th Nov 2023 | ICC T20 Worldcup Africa Qualifiers|

Post by Googly »

So the only way out of this disaster for us is if we win the rest of our games, particularly Kenya.
Namibia win the rest of theirs, particularly Kenya.
Kenya beat Uganda. That's our future right there- Kenya beating Uganda.
Zim, Kenya and Uganda will all have lost 2 and we will hopefully sneak in on NRR.

tej_27

Re: Namibia Vs Kenya | Uganda Vs Nigeria| 27th Nov 2023 | ICC T20 Worldcup Africa Qualifiers|

Post by tej_27 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:13 pm
So the only way out of this disaster for us is if we win the rest of our games, particularly Kenya.
Zim, Kenya and Uganda will all have lost 2 and we will hopefully sneak in on NRR.
Zimbabwe's NRR is massive don't see Uganda or Kenya overtaking it in the next two games . Just need Uganda to lose one . And ofcourse we need to win against Kenya which I think we will . So it again comes down to Uganda losing one which looks unlikely

Googly

Post by Googly »

I actually feel physically ill at the predicament we are in.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Dreadful pitch again btw, watching that Uganda/Nigeria match. Turgid.

This really should have been hosted in Zim or SA.

Makes you wonder how Namibia are so good if these are the best facilities they have?!?

Googly

Post by Googly »

The Kenya Uganda match is on Wednesday 9.30am
I haven't been following the matches but batting first, particularly in the morning is undoubtedly tougher.

The Namibians have prepared these horrendous pitches absolutely on purpose with no censure whatsoever.
Either ICC are turning a blind eye or they've bought the story about it being the only way to get a cricket game in without the pitch being too dry by the afternoon.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:27 pm
I actually feel physically ill at the predicament we are in.
😂😂

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:16 pm
Googly wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:13 pm
Zimbabwe's NRR is massive don't see Uganda or Kenya overtaking it in the next two games . Just need Uganda to lose one . And ofcourse we need to win against Kenya which I think we will . So it again comes down to Uganda losing one which looks unlikely
Uganda have got the upper hand over Kenya for the last 2 yrs or so, but Kenya have beaten them in one off games, so it's possible.

I know I'm repeating this, but if Rakep Patel plays then Kenya have got a serious chance, If he doesn't, then it's tough.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It all comes down to Kenya beating Uganda...provided Zimbabwe don't lose to Kenya as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Gotta get the likes of tikolo, odoyo, odumbe back from retirement :lol:

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I'm putting in a kenyan avatar if they win tomorrow.