Kenya Vs Uganda wc qualifier. 2023 Do or Die for Zim

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Kenya Vs Uganda wc qualifier. 2023 Do or Die for Zim

Post by Googly »

Donald wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:58 pm
I am pretty convinced that if Raza didn't go blitzkrieg at the top of the order today we may have struggled to get Nigeria total.

Would deffo have munyonga come in in place of madhevere. His ceiling is a lot higher. Plus he knows how to win against Uganda unlike the other muppets.
I'm fairly sure we would have gotten across the line.
Tino has written NW off after 3 poor games and Innocent Kaia as well. He was advocating for a Maru, Wes opening combo. We all see things a little differently, but I think Maru is going to struggle at this level. He has so far, but maybe he will come good. I'm fairly sure that's what they'll go with, he didn't suck that out of thin air, they talk.
The Irish attack will be a sterner test than what we've faced in Namibia so let's see how they go. They won't be playing with clear heads either coming off the back of this disaster and the constant pressure to prove we are not finished as a cricketing nation.
Theyre going to be needing cricketers that can deal with immense pressure.
I'm willing to bet Craig and Sean are close to jacking it in.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We've seen Munyonga a few times. He's a good player, but this is next level in terms of pressure. It will be musical chairs. We'll see him next week.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've been reading some stuff on social media. The supporters here may well be able to sing and dance with the best of them, but they are clueless. Absolutely zero idea of how cricket works. It's disheartening.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:01 pm
The fact is they're going to have to be very careful. We keep losing and we are in deep shit from ICC.
Williams and Ervine will be at their lowest ebb. Should they do something rash like retire the wheels will really come off.
Morons wanting to start afresh with a clean slate with God knows who are delusional. They're in the majority.
It's easier to explain to your ICC buddies that we are in a transition than having 40 year olds getting pumped by Uganda. Just saying..

Googly

Post by Googly »

Theyre not going to accept another 30 year transition

Googly

Post by Googly »

Its time up after 2027 in terms of the fancy funding I would think, we don't deserve it. We'll do well to retain full membership

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

20 years ago we heard Zim cricket will never recover after those guys walked out. Then the big 4 plus Hami and Elton and Taibu for a bit came. A lot of those guys rank above those guys walked out now. Sport is a cycle. Don't believe people who say nobody will ever step up. In fact we were in deeper shit in 2004 than now. 19 year olds had to face the best teams in the world

Googly

Post by Googly »

There wasn't a host of associate sides that have raised their game vying for our funding

Googly

Post by Googly »

I disagree
We had functional school cricket producing players back then.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:20 pm
I've been reading some stuff on social media. The supporters here may well be able to sing and dance with the best of them, but they are clueless. Absolutely zero idea of how cricket works. It's disheartening.
:lol: :lol: Ya it’s all Naqvi this, murungu that :lol: Brad Evans will be opening the batting reading some of the posts.