Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Post by Googly »

They'll absolutely be looking for a few scape goats, that's the nature of the beast, but he's a good coach and has the players' respect. World wide respect actually. They need to be careful with that one. Matsi and Kirby are more in the firing line, but again I doubt it.
Theyre not spoilt for choice in replacing players either, but that is an option.
Selection will forever remain an issue and they're hand picked so no changes there.
No changes in admin obviously.
The fact is we've been mostly on the right track with the national team.

Googly

Re: Uganda Vs Rawanda | 30th November 2023| ICC T20 World Cup Africa qualifiers | Miracle needed

Post by Googly »

franco vazquez wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:07 am
This is how Zimbabwe should have batted against Uganda. Against the Associate teams, you need to take the pitch out of equation, All Zimbabwe needed was a good score like 150 which shouldnt have been a problem.
It's a better pitch and they've bowled a pile of shit.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

If this debacle, which will cause huge world wide embarrassment of a test playing nation not qualifying for a 20 team T20 WC, can help bring in some positive change then that is better than playing 4 games in that World Cup of which they would have lost 3 anyways, 2 of them by getting a thrashing.

Instead focus on positive change, those 4 games which will probably be played in about 10 days flat won't mean anything. Focus on the upcoming series' against Ireland and Sri Lanka, get some wins, improve your ICC rankings. There is a full tour of Bangladesh in March, prepare for that.

There is no point crying over spilt milk.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

How are Wes and Madande feeling right now? They must feel like crap but the truth is they have been given too much respect. They were living in dreamland for 18 months. This is a huge wake-up call. When I saw Ngarava taking control of the situation and smacking some boundaries against Uganda it felt like the end for Wes for me. For now at least.

The truth is they just aren't ready yet. Another way of doing it would be to take all the kids out the main team and create a full "A" team calendar for a couple of years. Running at the same time as the main calender. They can tour Namibia, Kenya, Uganda, Nepal, UAE etc then some "A" games against mid ranked teams. Having them playing all domestic matches. Right now Wes for example has missed almost a whole List A season. Get them a world class international coaching team. Let them develop.

Madande, Wes and Marumani can be replaced by Welch, Kaia and Gumbie in the main team. Get Mavuta and Evans back in when he is fit. It will cost a lot of money but they have to do something

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I’ve been saying 18 months plus that Wes needs the chop. Needs to sort his life out with some hard yards on the domestic circuit. Got it on easy street being the golden black boy who’s undroppable. Tells all the women in the bar he’s Zim’s Chris Gayle and they lap it up. The sad reality is he has potential but really he’s shit currently and has been a while.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ngarava has been superb really. Blessing hasn't done too much wrong. It's the ineffectual third seamer and also the lack of bite from the spinner Wellington.

Get a young gun seamer in and groom him, Chaitara is doing ok as well as Gwandu. Tell me one Associate nation where chatara would be a regular.. just one??

Mavuta is an easy option at least from a playing perspective if not politically with the ZC hierarchy 😆.

Madande and madhevere are not dashers and need a bit more time. You need a musikewa/Chigumbura type player coming in at 7 who can give it a good bash.

Burl turns it on in fits and starts but nowhere near consistent. He is on thin ice as is ervine

chetanpatel1981

Post by chetanpatel1981 »

Finally...

Uganda will play in the upcoming T20 World Cup.
Not Zimbabwe...

Very very painful and pathetic.

This is 3rd Time, Zimbabwe not able to qualify in Cricket world cups(ODI and T20).

Actually, Zimbabwe don't deserve if we are considering Namibia and Uganda performance

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:09 am
They'll absolutely be looking for a few scape goats, that's the nature of the beast, but he's a good coach and has the players' respect. World wide respect actually. They need to be careful with that one. Matsi and Kirby are more in the firing line, but again I doubt it.
Theyre not spoilt for choice in replacing players either, but that is an option.
Selection will forever remain an issue and they're hand picked so no changes there.
No changes in admin obviously.
The fact is we've been mostly on the right track with the national team.

Truth is failing to qualify for both world cups in the space of 3 months is a disaster. A serious underperformance even considering all our problems. Additionally the team has been playing over the last few months like a Rajput team. It’s really hard for Dave to avoid blame. We all know the problems are deeper in ZC but is he really extracting 100% out of the players at his disposal in recent times?

Obvious choice for me is get a new coaching team but then Dave goes to Director of Cricket, which he is more suited for.

At least he wouldn’t be pissing around playing in the pensioners league in India whilst we are in a crucial World Cup qualifier?

Dubois

Post by Dubois »

Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:37 am

Madande and madhevere are not dashers and need a bit more time. You need a musikewa/Chigumbura type player coming in at 7 who can give it a good bash.
I would also be looking at Tony, he has put up good numbers this season with the added responsibility of captaining his franchise

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Quite a muted reaction here tbh. I expected a much bigger reaction, esp from those who thought that missing WC wasn't a big thing bc of T10 and T20 WC coming but let me tell you that T10 is a fraud. Hardly any Zimbabwean player got a chance, Mpofu, Masakadza, Zhuwao all these retired uncles hogging the spots with usual suspects like Samit Patel, Hatzoglou etc playing in it. Like why the hell were players like Parthiv, Uthappa, Pathans, Sreesanth were playing in that league? Wasn't it for Zimbabwe cricket and players?