Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland one day and 20/20 series

Post by jaybro »

Raza confirmed Ervine is out of the ODI series, Williams out of game 1, not sure about the rest of the series.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the ZC App has the squad pretty much the same as the t20 squad. Surely not all of Kaia, Gumbie & Welch have been overlooked for Wes & Maru who both probably need a break?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well my squad would be:

Muzarabani, Ngarava, Gwandu, Jongwe, Mufudza, Mavuta, Madande, Burl, Raza, Williams, Kaia, Gumbie, Shumba, Kamunhukamwe

15th spot any of Welch/Munyonga/Bennett/Madhevere, not overly fussed which.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:48 am
Raza confirmed Ervine is out of the ODI series, Williams out of game 1, not sure about the rest of the series.

Not sure how accurate this is, but the ZC App has the squad pretty much the same as the t20 squad. Surely not all of Kaia, Gumbie & Welch have been overlooked for Wes & Maru who both probably need a break?
Maru needs an extended break full stop

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:04 am
Well my squad would be:

Muzarabani, Ngarava, Gwandu, Jongwe, Mufudza, Mavuta, Madande, Burl, Raza, Williams, Kaia, Gumbie, Shumba, Kamunhukamwe

15th spot any of Welch/Munyonga/Bennett/Madhevere, not overly fussed which.
No Gumbie or Shumba for me , I'd take Welch and Bennett and probably keep Wes but not really fussed if he missed out. The 3rd seamer is going to be the problem though , it's a big weakness

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Series whitewash if that is the squad that Adam Theo has tweeted. Going back to the same spuds that keep failing , deserve to get a hiding.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Fuck me they’ve picked Faraz again.

WHY

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Mufudza might as well retire. What more can he do?

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Welch averaged 57 in the pro series from 4 innings and can't get a spot in the squad , what a disgrace . Gumbie, Kaitano , Munyonga and KLong all with inferior averages and get in. This is why Zim will continue to slide down the rankings.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

No issue with Gumbie, KLong or Munyonga being in the squad. Gumbie has done okay at this level (and we need a 2nd keeper in the squad), and the latter two have been in excellent Pro50 form.

Welch does deserve to be in, yes, but we don’t know the story with him or what’s going on, if there may be disciplinary action or something happening in the background. I suspect there may be.

I have a bigger issue with the bowling selections than batting.

All of Gwandu’s domestic form has been in List A, so why would they pick him for T20 but then not ODI?! Stick with the lad.
And then fucking Faraz, most probably only in the team because of his influence and wealth.

And Mufudza has been the best bowler in Zim for the past five years and still can’t get into a squad?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Terrible squad. Burl the only white player selected. No faith shown in Bennett or Welch (unless there are disciplinary issues). No Jonathan Campbell either. Akram's selection is baffling too.

Zimbabwe appear well set to have some very depressing results ahead.