Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 9 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 2nd T20I | 9 November 2023

Post by Crastle_cog »

Wes and Marumani need a long run in the domestics imo, they look out of confidence and could certainly use a break for their own benefits.
Get some top scores like milton and tony, get back into the team.
Simple equations....

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

I felt gwandu came back well after his first over. He will come good with some polish I'm sure. We need to persist. Bennett with a nice over that and a nice catch under pressure. I'm backing him to start firing with the bat sooner than later. I've to say though. I like willo's captaincy a lot more than I like raza or ervine's.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Madande continues to impress. He really has a bright future I think.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Muscle mass does matter. I'd love to see a slightly well built Zimbabwean cricketers, esp the batters. The likes of Marumani, Madhevere, Bennett, Shumba, Madande need to build some muscles. That's one reason I prefer Kaia and K-long.. At least they are well built and can hit the ball hard. It matters.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:17 pm
I still can't get over Tsiga playing those Tests earlier in the year instead of Madande. Criminal. He's a proper bat in the longer form. Has one of the most beautiful straight drives you'll ever see in Zimbabwe.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:30 pm
eugene wrote:
I still can't get over Tsiga playing those Tests earlier in the year instead of Madande. Criminal. He's a proper bat in the longer form. Has one of the most beautiful straight drives you'll ever see in Zimbabwe.
Madande is a fairly good batsman, esp in ODIs and Tests. Problem is his keeping, he is a very average keeper and that is where he needs to improve.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:32 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:30 pm
eugene wrote:
Madande is a fairly good batsman, esp in ODIs and Tests. Problem is his keeping, he is a very average keeper and that is where he needs to improve.
Ya. He's only been keeping for a couple of years though so he should improve.

We were really spoilt with Chakabva. It flew under the radar but his glovework in his final two years was phenomenal. He improved hugely behind the stumps, really was world class most of the time.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya I rated old regis, hope his new life is going sweet for him.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:25 pm
Muscle mass does matter. I'd love to see a slightly well built Zimbabwean cricketers, esp the batters. The likes of Marumani, Madhevere, Bennett, Shumba, Madande need to build some muscles. That's one reason I prefer Kaia and K-long.. At least they are well built and can hit the ball hard. It matters.
Is burl all muscle? Seems a stocky fella and can whack it miles.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Williams might be injured so munyonga comes in tomorrow.

Can we maybe add an extra batsman to side as marumani and madhevere need benching.

K long did very well. To be honest he had two scores of 30 plus vs namibia and was cruelly left out.

Think People like Campbell macmillan and Kamwembwa are maybe two peeps who will play sooner rather than later