Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 10 December 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 10 December 2023

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:39 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:33 pm
This is a step in the right direction. Painful as it is, it needs to happen. The injuries to Williams and Ervine are not a surprise. They are almost 40. Somebody will eventually step up. That's the nature of sport and life in general. Somebody will... just like how BT and co had to..
Losing a series at home to mediocre opposition is a step in the right direction :lol:

No wonder we are where we are.
We all know why we’re where we are lol. Could be a lot deeper in the hole than we are though let’s be honest. This isn’t about today or tomorrow, this is about the big picture and posting that 140 without the big three is a good canvass to start on.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I’ve been beating the same drum for years

Better pitches

More t20 fixtures (domestic & international)

Until then it’s rinse & repeat
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

No one seems to be talking about this, amazingly, but Raza's ban was completely ridiculous.

Josh Little is a total knob and was out of line - not for the first time in Zimbabwe either. Watch him. He's constantly at it. Swearing at batsmen, winding people up, shoving people. Where's his ban? He's a complete fucking tool and he's gotten away with it.

One thing we excel as as Zimbabweans is screwing each other over. Andy Pycroft was the match referee ffs! Hang your head in shame you faggot. You cost us the series you bell end!

P.s. Andy. If you read this, you're one of us lad...a lowly colonial. Stop trying to be a fucking pom. You'll never be one. If you're going to be biased, be biased toward us, not against. Stop that stupid Rhodesian 'maintaining standards' bullshit. We're in enough trouble.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Big fan of the language above :lol:

But in truth Raza and the Irish players all got the same identical punishment - two demerit points. However, Raza has previous within the past 12 months and therefore his automatically ended up in a ban, whilst it was the first offence this year for the Irish lads.

eugene

Post by eugene »

We need to be playing more games without Ervine, Raza, and Williams to understand what we really have in the younger players. 140 is honestly more than I thought we'd get without any of the big three.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 am
We need to be playing more games without Ervine, Raza, and Williams to understand what we really have in the younger players. 140 is honestly more than I thought we'd get without any of the big three.
But it’s Ireland
The weakest bowling team of the major associates
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:15 am
eugene wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:54 am
But it’s Ireland
The weakest bowling team of the major associates
Yeah I know.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’ve always been a strong believer that batsman need time on the domestic scene to score 3000-4000 runs before they’re ready for international cricket.

But, for Zimbabwe the standard of domestic cricket coupled with the dead nature of the pitches means they probably need an alternative solution.

Do we think the likes of Wes & Marumani would be better served going back to Logan Cup, or retained and stuck with by selectors in the hope that they’ll find their feet sooner or later?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ireland are a decent team and I'm happy that with so many players unavailable, Zimbabwe still managed to be almost at par with them. So that's not bad.

See guys we are in deep shit. I can see a lot of teams improving in the T20 format but I agree that Zimbabwe is falling behind. However patience is the key here, we cannot expect younger players to turn a corner right away. I'm quite convinced that playing too many bowlers is not helping us.

Who in their right mind will replace Williams with Mazakadza? That is where the problem is, something is wrong here. They should have drafted Kaia or Shumba, it's a no brainer, but may be these are forced decisions, may be they just want Wellington to play. With the right team selection Zimbabwe can do better.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:56 am
I’ve always been a strong believer that batsman need time on the domestic scene to score 3000-4000 runs before they’re ready for international cricket.

But, for Zimbabwe the standard of domestic cricket coupled with the dead nature of the pitches means they probably need an alternative solution.

Do we think the likes of Wes & Marumani would be better served going back to Logan Cup, or retained and stuck with by selectors in the hope that they’ll find their feet sooner or later?
Marumani - No, need to go back to domestics.
Madhevere - Yes, can be persisted with