Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 10 December 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | 3rd T20I | 10 December 2023

Post by secretzimbo »

We are one of the worst T20 batting sides on the planet and have been for a very long time. Conversely if Raza had been playing we'd have probably won this 3-0.

One man team.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

You know it's bad when your 6ft 8in premier pace bowler is fielding at slip. Wtf :lol:

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

:lol: :lol:

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Blessing has been good this series. We just need to find a 3rd pacer, ideally who can bat.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:10 pm
Blessing has been good this series. We just need to find a 3rd pacer, ideally who can bat.
Evans will be back next year I'm sure.

Gwandu has potential I think. Will take him time, as it did with Ngarava but he's got a bit of something.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:54 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:53 pm
Another series loss. This has been a disaster year for Zimbabwe.
As has every year in the past twenty other than 2022 :lol:
In retrospect, there have been positives to take from this series. For example if Zim had qualified for T20 WC, we would have taken this result very casually but since the situation is such, every loss hurts and hurts bad.

I'm impressed with Mavuta again, he is good. Bennett has potential, Madande has been a huge plus, Burl has shown that he is capable and it is good to see Ngarava and Blessing back in form. If Evans comes back it will be great.

Somehow I feel we don't play the right combination and don't utilize bowlers effectively. Every single time we end up playing far too many bowlers. If we play the right team I think the results will be better.

It's ok, we move on. Let's see what squad they select for ODIs. If Raza, Williams are back then we are good.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

That was Ireland's first away T20I series win since 2016 guys....

And their first ever away from home against a full member.

New lows.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

It's been positives mostly. You don't usually say that after a series loss but after our over dependence on the big three for so long this feels like a somewhat passing of the guard. We need burl and madande to take such responsibility more moving forward. Idk what to say about maru and wes, I'm just disappointed. Unlike others in the forum I don't feel k-long is the answer but having said that I want him to be given a good stretch of games. Happy to be proven wrong.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Can’t complain too much and I’m certainly not as angry as that Uganda game. All the games were without ervine, two games were without raz dawg and a game and half without Williams. Marumani needs the chop but other than that a side without the big three didn’t fold as much as I thought they would. Certainly positives to be taken and lessons to be learnt.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I don't see it as positively as you guys.

We are a woeful T20 side and have been for many years even with our now very old star players. Without them we are even worse and there seems to be few if any signs of actual improvement. We are terrible at this format and this weekend we looked like a side more than capable of losing to Uganda and similar teams again.

Ireland really are not an impressive team either btw. It's not like we lost to a high quality side.