Series Thread: Logan Cup 2008-09

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

Re: Series Thread: Logan Cup 2008-09

Post by Detective RDS »

Just a reminder for all:

UPCOMING MATCHES: (March 31-April 3)

Northerns v Westerns at Alexandra Sports Club

Centrals v Easterns at Old Hararians Sports Club

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Looks like Douglas Hondo made his FC comeback against Westerns after his List A comeback in the Faithwear series.

His bowling figures of his FC comeback match:

(14-3-40-2 , 13-2-36-1)

Not bad at all,picked up wickets and maintained a low economy rate.

He played 4 matches in the Faithwear series picking up 7 wickets at 18.57,economy 4.84,best 3/18.He is 6th in leading wicket takers list,3rd as a pacer after Rainsford and Mupariwa.

I want to know what do you think if he will be considered for selecting in the national side? He is currently working as the bowling coach of the national side.I dont have any idea if any player can play in the national side after turning as a coach...

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

im sure he could be both the coach and a player there are no rules about that as far as i know

i would have him in the squad as he is a better bet than Mopfu but wouldent have him in over raisnford

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimfan1 wrote:im sure he could be both the coach and a player there are no rules about that as far as i know

i would have him in the squad as he is a better bet than Mopfu but wouldent have him in over raisnford
Yeah, I agree. Mpofu is far too inconsistent and since Rainsford's return can't break into the team anyway. Hondo would probably be adequate if he returned to the national team, but would someone like Nyamuzinga who is younger and also a batsman be given the nod first?

I think ZC would love to get their hands on another Chigumbura like allrounder who can bat and bowl pace (perhaps Nyamuzinga or Manyumwa). It means we can play our three man spin attack, while also finding room for guys like Rainsford and maybe Mupariwa.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I suppose, given the track record of ZC, that it's not really a surprise that the names of Sean Williams and Brendan Taylor have remained firmly unmentioned since the end of the Faithwear.

What does strike me as rather odd, or maybe even amateurishly pathetic, is the continued absence of a scorecard for the Centrals v Northerns match last week.

Two games played in the same city at the same time, and officially classified as first class, and only one scorecard has become available, how can anyone expect Zimbabwean cricket to be taken seriously with a display of such ineptitude ?

It really is about time that ZC made some sort of effort to show themselves as a, potentially, professional organisation.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

I agree with Train Driver.Explanations should be given officially about the absence of Sean Williams and Brendan Taylor in order to make the whole incident clear.If they arent willing to play why they are retained in the side.In the other cricket nations as far as I know,the local newspapers explain these sort of things getting information from the cricket board/authority.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

here is the link to the centrals northans scorecard

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/S ... 14559.html

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Kinda lacking in detail for Northerns' second innings, but better than nothing...

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

cric info have it up 10 minutes after i emailed them

its pathetic they don't dig around for the scorecards they get paid to do it after all

nice to see the Malcom Waller first class average is 34.28 i think he is a great talent im a big fan

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

zimfan1 wrote:its pathetic they don't dig around for the scorecards they get paid to do it after all
You want to compare their first-round roundup to the match reports on ZCN sometime. Spookily similar in places. But that's just how they operate.