Regional Trials

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
mnelson68

Re: Regional Trials

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:06 am
mnelson68 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:29 am
Let's bat Bennett at 6 or 7 , thats a great opportunity isn't it. What a joke these games are
With your tongue so deep in his arse it’s probably difficult for you to notice, but he got good runs the other day and may well have already booked his place on the plane. I should imagine they therefore wanted to give the likes of Shumba and Madande an opportunity for some time in the middle ahead of him today.
Don't have a problem with Shumba and Madande batting in front of him , Chari ? Did Raza really need to bat in front of him ?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Fair enough on Chari, we actually agree for once :o

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 am
In the ODIs, I’d actually play a top three of Gumbie/Klong/Kaia and then have the middle order go back to their old positions of Ervine 4, Williams 5, Raza 6, Burl 7. Just to give us that extra bat up top and a longer lineup. You can then have three seamers and Mufudza with the three all-rounders providing extra spin.
Harsh on Madande though, he’s done very well recently and deserves to be in the team.
Wow you'd seriously leave Madande out , clueless

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

How did Raza become so much better than everybody else? Maybe Williams would be better if he played and trained more but as it stands Raza is well clear. I honestly never saw it coming. If he continues like this until 2027 he will pass BT. Nobody would have predicted that 5 years ago. He just needs a big world cup performance in 2027 and he is above the rest in limited overs

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

While I'm at it , Welch needs to open the batting ffs not bat at 4

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

With the way things are going with our young batsmen and BT now a sober guy we might actually see him make a comeback and play from 2025 to 2027. I'm not ruling that out yet. That might be the only thing that might stop Raza from being our best. I dont see anyone else toppling him anytime soon.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

mnelson68 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:15 am
The risk is that he will open and get a world class delivery from one of the fast bowlers from Pakistan and it will set him back 6 months :lol: A lot of pressure on him today. I want to see how he handles it
Last edited by TapsC2 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

mnelson68 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:13 am
secretzimbo wrote:
In the ODIs, I’d actually play a top three of Gumbie/Klong/Kaia and then have the middle order go back to their old positions of Ervine 4, Williams 5, Raza 6, Burl 7. Just to give us that extra bat up top and a longer lineup. You can then have three seamers and Mufudza with the three all-rounders providing extra spin.
Harsh on Madande though, he’s done very well recently and deserves to be in the team.
Again maybe your eyes have steamed up from your personal exploits I alluded to earlier, but if you can read my post I literally say he deserves to be in the team.
I don’t think anybody on the forum has been a bigger Madande fan than me and that goes back to my first month on the forum when I first joined.
I first saw the kid play as a junior here about 10 years ago before he even went to his SA school and followed his journey closely.
You will find no bigger Madande proponent than me.

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:18 am
mnelson68 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:15 am
The risk is that he will open and get a world class delivery from one of that fast bowlers from Pakistan and it will set him back 6 months :lol: A lot of pressure on him today. I want to see how he handles it
Best way to do it is put him in first where he bats best , not behind over the hill players who are making up the numbers

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:19 am
mnelson68 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:13 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Again maybe your eyes have steamed up from your personal exploits I alluded to earlier, but if you can read my post I literally say he deserves to be in the team.
I don’t think anybody on the forum has been a bigger Madande fan than me and that goes back to my first month on the forum when I first joined.
I first saw the kid play as a junior here about 10 years ago before he even went to his SA school and followed his journey closely.
You will find no bigger Madande proponent than me.
He is in the top 4 batsman currently in the country on form , he plays in front of Kaia everyday of the week