Zimbabwe Squad for Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Zimbabwe Squad for Sri Lanka

Post by Pat_Bee »

heard indeed, listened no bro :lol:

Accusing me of trolling when I say the players are comfortable doing the bare minimum after getting a contract and say it’s laughable they have PTSD from getting beat by Scotland.

Saying I’m irritating calling out the players themselves for their on field performance instead of blaming the board for the players’ on field performance.

That tells me I’m pitching it on the perfect line and length every time. There’s nothing there to pick apart and pull out the ground for six so you’re stuck with pointing out my apparent flaws just to get the feel of bat on ball lol.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I’m a murungu with a black face I’m that near the coal :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think there is no one size fits all solution here. There are multiple problems with an organization that pays better than the UN. Nobody will leave willingly. It’s like people are just fine with getting their salaries and remaining minnows.

For me the target shouldn’t be the board or the players. It’s the admin who run the game on a day to day basis. Those are the guys who ultimately formulate everything. The Hamiltons and Makonis and the regional managers etc.

The board isn’t going anywhere, the big 3 are the best we got so ultimately it isn’t ideal for them to go either. What has given me hope is that they have treated DH with respect and dignity. The brave decision now would be to give him an important admin role and let him help paint the way forward.

Hami actually did implement some decent changes like the NPL and the regional games. Even these 5 guys from Pakistan happened under his watch whether it was his idea or not. I do however feel like for us to move forward we need somebody who has seen it all and not somebody who is starting a career in administration. This needs experience.

It’s going to take some serious planning and importing players until we get it right. Setting up everything will cost a fortune but in the end as Googly said, It has to be done one way or the other.

It actually surprised me that TM openly admitted that the league is weak.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if that's your objective, you're on point for sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I've heard the T20 franchises can have 4 overseas!

Googly

Post by Googly »

If TM implemented seasonal performance contracts for admin and managers that may get a thumbs up from all of us, what's good for the goose.....

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

The thing is, everything goes to the top. I am not at all saying the players are not to blame for some things. Of course they are. The coaches too. Even Dave has to take responsibility for some things that have happened. Nobodies shit smells of roses in this organisation tbh. Everyone is responsible. And yes including the players.

However it goes back to the top and the people that oversee it all, especially when most of the people at the top have been invovled in some capacity for a solid 20 years with very very little progress in almost any area.

If you are an investor and you have bought some shares on the stock market in a large organisation. If the results of the company start going downhill, you aren’t going to turn up at one of their factories in China and start blaming Mrs Lau, one of the thousands of sewing machine operatives.
You are going to be sending your queries and complaints to the CEO because ultimately the buck stops there.

Everyone is responsible yes. But who is accountable? Who NEEDS to be made accountable? It’s the board.

And when I say board I do mean admin, e.g. Makoni and Makasadza too. They are one and the same.

Googly

Post by Googly »

100%. It's a low bar to give a standing ovation for doing some things right....after years of getting it completely wrong.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

If I were an investor looking to make some dollar from knock off levi Strauss jeans I’d be hassling the CEO. If I was an average Joe in RocoMamas and my knock off Levi Strauss jeans split at the seams in front of some pretty ladies I’d be cursing Mrs Lau for causing me embarrassment. Proper milk bottles my legs :lol:

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:45 pm
100%. It's a low bar to give a standing ovation for doing some things right....after years of getting it completely wrong.
What do you think TM could have done differently for the 3 specific qualifiers that we lost? Let’s take it back to 2017 before BT and Jarvis had been brought back. How would you have made sure the national team won the 2018 qualifier and take it back to the end of 2022 before Ballance was brought back. What could have been done differently?