Colin de Grandhomme

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Colin de Grandhomme

Post by Train Driver »

I see another old boy is finally beginning to fulfill his potential.

He scored 104, his highest for Auckland, and first century since his maiden effort, 109 in 2005 for Zim Provinces. Auckland have shown a lot of confidence in him considering his pretty low output since he joined them in 2006.

http://content.cricinfo.com/newzealandd ... 71871.html

His side are currently leading the State Championship table and he has 356 @ 39.55 with the bat while his dobblers have collected 19 @ 22.68, he is one of only 5 players who have played in all 7 matches so far this season.

Amazing to think that he has been gone for 3 years already, he would probably have been a national regular for some time otherwise.

Detective RDS

Re: Colin de Grandhomme

Post by Detective RDS »

A talented player,good to see that he is dominating.

We can't be surprised if he some day makes into the national team of New Zealand.He is now in a qualifying period.

Rayzer

Post by Rayzer »

I can see him making the New Zealand set-up eventually, but I wouldn't put too much stock in his bowling stats as his kind of medium-pace stuff takes a lot of wickets in NZ and there are few bowlers able to step up from the State Shield to international matches.

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Zim has got really good talent and i think NZ refused to come to Zim cos they were afraid of an upset.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I see that Colin continued his good form through to the end of the State Championship season.

In the last match he added another century, 103* from 92 balls, to give Auckland an unbeatable score and safe passage through to the final against Central Districts.

In the 1st innings of the final he took 8-3-15-2 to put Central Districts on the back foot and then scored 32 and a match winning 54* as Auckland recovered from 104-5 to win the trophy by 5 wickets.

Overall he came 11th in the batting averages with 545 @ 54.50 with 2 hundreds and 2 fifties, 9th in the bowling with 21 @ 24.19 and was 3rd highest in the field with 13 catches.

Someone get him an air ticket back to Zim, quick .................... ;)

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Just spotted this report as well

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/23 ... ampionship

It must be a Zim takeover :D