Brendan Taylor appreciation thread

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Brendan Taylor appreciation thread

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

273 high quality runs, 1 spectacular catch and 1 inspirational run out.

Not to mention the myriad of past achievements... a counter attacking Test century vs New Zealand, a match winning Test century vs Bangladesh in 2011, ODI centuries against a host of different teams, the architect of last over victories against Australia and Bangladesh, and so on.

Star player.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Brendan Taylor appreciation thread

Post by eugene »

I was thinking of starting a Keith Dabengwa appreciation thread myself.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

BRMT :D

Eugene :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Taylor is Zimbabwe's most successful Test captain by win percentage at the moment:
CricInfo Statistics wrote:BRM Taylor, 2011-2013, 7 matches, 2 wins, 5 losses, 28.57% wins, 71.42% loss.
Heath Streak has the second highest percentage with 19.04% wins.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Anyone know who is the Zimbabwean with most test wins as captain, Taylor can't be far away with 2

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Heath Streak 4

Brendan Taylor 2

Alistair Campbell 2

Stuart Carlisle 1

Andy Flower 1

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 3CvX5gzoSg

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Did anybody watch Taylor bat in 2004 in his debut series ? Can anyone shed some light on how much the man has actually improved, or has he always had this natural ability. I only ever really first saw him bat in 2007, and it looks like he batted the same then as he does now...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sloandog wrote:Did anybody watch Taylor bat in 2004 in his debut series ? Can anyone shed some light on how much the man has actually improved, or has he always had this natural ability. I only ever really first saw him bat in 2007, and it looks like he batted the same then as he does now...

Taylor always showed a lot of potential and didn't take long to not look out of his depth - which was very noticeable back in 2004 when Maregwede and Nkala were making the team based on their batting.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Quick Singles with Brendan Taylor: http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/co ... 03032.html
Who is your all-time hero from any walk of life?
Andy Flower. I met him in 2000. We are family friends with his parents. I have been fortunate to have known them for a while. He is the greatest cricketer produced by Zimbabwe, and he was the No. 1 batsman in the world at one time.

I'm not in contact with him that much now. Grant Flower is our batting coach, so I ask him a lot of questions.

What's the best compliment you've received from a fellow cricketer?
One comes to mind. About two years ago Heath Streak told me, "You're better than you think you are. Go out and play like we know you can play." I fed off that and had a good two years.
Taylor proving to be the right leader: http://www.newsday.co.zw/2013/04/21/tay ... ht-leader/

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

sloandog wrote:Did anybody watch Taylor bat in 2004 in his debut series ? Can anyone shed some light on how much the man has actually improved, or has he always had this natural ability. I only ever really first saw him bat in 2007, and it looks like he batted the same then as he does now...
Taylor shined from the start. I remember some great cover drives. He has developed heaps though and plays in a greater number of scoring areas as wel as obvious signature shots.