Bulawayo to host IPL matches

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Bulawayo to host IPL matches

Post by Train Driver »

Delighted to hear this news, it just shows that ZC is far better organised than CSA can ever hope to be.

I am given to understand that Peter Chingoka should be congratulated in most part for this, he has invested heavily in the film industry and the Indians are said to be very interested in finding out why Zollywood is so well run.

A very exciting day indeed, today ;)

Detective RDS

Re: Bulawayo to host IPL matches

Post by Detective RDS »

Link: http://www.brmtaylor.com/news-132.html

Really a great news.I guess floodlights will be setted up in QSC for the day night match.

IPL teams are really very strong and the first season of IPL has been an exciting tournament,full of thrills and hearts.The people will be able to see the latest version of cricket with full of excitements.

Much needed experience for Zimbabwean players in the way of their returning in the test arena.We can see the Indian team,how they turned to be a very competative team after appearing in the IPL.

Besides the funding for lighting and a substantial financial reward reported to be in the millions, there was an agreement that Zimbabwe could enter a team into the IPL. The BCCI recommended the idea, as part of their commitment to giving Zimbabwe ample preparation for their return to Test cricket. Zimbabwe will play 3 matches, one each against Chennai Super Kings, Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
One question,are the 3 matches of Zimbabwe will be classified as a domestic Twenty-20 or will be warm-up match?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

think of the date today its April the first :D :D :D :D

i remember bredontaylor.admin doing something similar last year lol

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I wonder if the IPL batsmen would like to try out these bats in Bulawayo

http://www.sussexcricket.co.uk/news-eve ... e+new+bat/

If Murray thinks they are good ................... :D

Detective RDS

Re: Bulawayo to host IPL matches (APRIL FOOL)

Post by Detective RDS »

APRIL FOOL!

No prob,next year I will be careful and will be my turn to try similar sort of things... :D