PJ Moor

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: PJ Moor

Post by eugene »

Tell his Dad that he could walk into the Zimbabwean team.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly

Post by Googly »

Check out the other clips he posted, he could also be our fitness coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly, are there any Indian cricket clubs in Harare? Obviously we've now got Pakistani representation with Sikander Raza but I'm surprised we don't have any Indians in the domestic league.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's Sunrise, which used to be a competitive League side years ago but now they just play social cricket, and make a fantastic curry. A league side was using their ground but this league has just collapsed. It may well (really hope so) be resurrected outside of the clutches of ZC, in which case it may become one of the 5-6 clubs we will be looking at. It will be by favor of their committee to use their facilities as they don't have any really decent players. The Indians used to love their cricket here but they are no longer competitive. There's a couple of Indian players in the u16 Mash squad but it's a mystery to me how that happened because they are really poor. Bizarrely they made the one guy the captain?? I'm curious how they were selected actually, because a couple of really decent players were overlooked to make this happen. The usual behind the scenes crap that can give one a nose bleed. I don't think I have seen more than 5 Indian junior players in the last few years outside of Westridge School. This is an Indian School, really nice little place, but their cricket is not good. Their hockey is ok though. The Indian community here have huge bucks and I know a few are finding it frustrating that they have let their cricket slide. I think the Indian community has shrunk quite a bit. At junior level the vast majority of the schools we come up against field hectically over-age kids and unless your boys are made of the right stuff it can be quite daunting. The Indian kids at junior school are invariably really small guys and they struggle. During rugby season it has become downright dangerous. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that some "Grade 7" boys are 5 ft 5 to 5 ft 8 and over 70 kg. These schools a shameless. The fault also lies with our schools for not boycotting them. The one kid that our boys came up against every year turned out to be 3 years older than our boys, and in fact this is not uncommon. The cheating little shit went straight into open age group when he went to High School and is actually worse than useless and hasn't grown another inch!! We're hoping our boys will come up against him next year and have promised our boys $1000 to split between the team if they can put him in hospital and they await the day in eager anticipation because that wanker broke shoulders, collar bones and an elbow and several concussions of boys in our team over a two year period. Sometimes Karma does have a way of working things out. Quite often Churchill field First Team rugby players that don't even go to the school!! I sound like a raving lunatic but it's the truth. I was digressing coz it brought back such bad memories.

eugene

Post by eugene »

I often get the sense Googly used to be someone in authority with the ZCU and ZC.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

[quote="brmtaylor.com admin"]Googly, are there any Indian cricket clubs in Harare? Obviously we've now got Pakistani representation with Sikander Raza but I'm surprised we don't have any Indians in the domestic league.[/quot
I've just seen that a couple of Indian guys have been picked for the U18 side, having said that we don't have any. I've seen the one boy play and he's not too sharp. Peall (Brett Peall's son, ex Zim player) should definitely be in that side. These selection processes are a joke.
There's a parents' meeting tomorrow to plan fundraising to send U16 and U18 to SA. All the trials (which were a joke) are now academic because ZC can't (won't) contribute a cent to the tours. What they now want is for the parents to fund raise and pay for the tours. No problem with this but in these hard times why fundraise or help pay for a kid whose parents will not pay one cent towards the tour or even come to a meeting, and the kid will not be in the least bit grateful. Plus ZC still want complete control of how it works and who goes. What may happen is that a couple of development players will get dropped in favor of kids whose parents can contribute. The dropped development kids, if they didn't have prejudice before, will certainly have now. Not a great situation.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

This Priestley guy is clearly a special talent, last week he hit 10 fours in his 14 from 30 balls for CIYMS :o , last weekend Moor-mania continued with another colossal batting performance in the middle order, a fine 23 from 41. http://www.cricketeurope4.net/CEIRELAND ... S/11.shtml

eugene

Post by eugene »

ZCF has succumbed to a Moorish invasion.