Drugs bans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Drugs bans

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:19 pm
Serious professional athletes are not using recreational drugs. This drug culture needs to be weeded out, pun intended, as fast as possible.
Serious human beings without major hardships in life aren't using drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. This shows a weakness of personal discipline if nothing else.

And most athletes aren't modern day Lawrence Taylors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:10 am
eugene wrote:
Serious professional athletes are not using recreational drugs. This drug culture needs to be weeded out, pun intended, as fast as possible.
Serious human beings without major hardships in life aren't using drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. This shows a weakness of personal discipline if nothing else.

And most athletes aren't modern day Lawrence Taylors.

That might apply to heroin or fentanyl, meth etc

But most people do coke and have a drink to relax or have a good time.

Unless of course you are referring to a serious addiction then yes, completely right.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
I think drug use among athletes is actually very common, in particularly coke, you have seen top tier athletes like Cameron Munster and Brandon Smith flaunt it on their insta.

I know from friends who have witnessed that coke use amongst pro cricketers and rugby players is extreme.

The reason is pretty clear.

The buzz is top notch and it is 'healthy' and clean in the sense it doesnt affect athletic performance, put on weight (like alcohol) and it is out of your system the next day.

Alot of fitness type influencers will not drink but do coke as an alternative, it is pretty widespread.

i dont do it myself because anything that gets sniffed directly to your brain creeps me out, and I do know one girl that developed a severe life altering addiction. But i know people that see coke as no different than a friday night beer, affordability aside.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

All well and good until the rails don’t hit the same at 3am and the pipe starts calling :lol:

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:52 am
eugene wrote:
I think drug use among athletes is actually very common, in particularly coke, you have seen top tier athletes like Cameron Munster and Brandon Smith flaunt it on their insta.

I know from friends who have witnessed that coke use amongst pro cricketers and rugby players is extreme.

The buzz is top notch and it is 'healthy' and clean in the sense it doesnt affect athletic performance, put on weight (like alcohol) and it is out of your system the next day.

Alot of fitness type influencers will not drink but do coke as an alternative, it is pretty widespread.

i dont do it myself because anything that gets sniffed directly to your brain creeps me out, and I do know one girl that developed a severe life altering addiction. But i know people that see coke as no different than a friday night beer, affordability aside.
Professional athletes in North America and Europe are regularly tested for performance enhancing and recreational drugs.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:17 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:52 am
eugene wrote:

Professional athletes in North America and Europe are regularly tested for performance enhancing and recreational drugs.
Of course, but they can get away with it with coke.

Pat cash, in his memoirs, was tested the next morning after a night out on the nosebeers, and came up clean.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Taylor playing the ongoing Legends league cricket, how is it possible when the ban is not lifted?

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

Marshmallow wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 am
Taylor playing the ongoing Legends league cricket, how is it possible when the ban is not lifted?
I'm still hoping he would come back to competitive cricket. In few moths the ban should be over.

If he managed to keep himself fit, he could still be helpful for at least a couple of years.
If fit, a cricketer can still be competitive in his early fortys.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

His ban is until July 2025. So still well over a year.

Which ‘legends league’ is this? His ban applies to all ICC or member board cricket activities. Does the legends league bollocks sit outside of that somehow? Must do

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Legends cricket trophy happening in srilanka.