Drugs bans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Drugs bans

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ya BT has a year plus left on his ban. Home 2027 WC might be a draw for him but he’ll be super old then.

Legends league :lol: probably some unsanctioned event outside of ICC jurisdiction like these t10 leagues or Lanzoni’s tape ball Italia league.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Isn’t BT appealing the length of the ban? Given the circumstances there could good news.
Who wouldn’t want to see a middle order of Ervine, Taylor, Williams, Naqvi and Raza?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Would definitely like more information on this because as far as I know the Legends League is an ICC sanctioned event.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if it is an ICC sanctioned event it probably means forgiveness is around the corner. I'd think if ZC are on-board with BT clearance is around the corner.
Would they be on-board? The fact that he's there playing and given that our batting is in dire straits I'm sure that's a resounding yes.
Probably important for him to do well at this event so he feels he still has the mojo.
Remember he put a thing on his twitter asking whether people thought he should play or coach. That was a while back so it's been on his mind to be part of Zim in some capacity.

What I think may influence a decision is who the new coach might be. If you've been in the system as long as he has there will be history with a couple of folk.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Ok did more research this one isn’t sanctioned by the ICC or Sri Lankan board. I don’t know if it’s the same as the other one. There are already allegations of match fixing

https://www.sundaytimes.lk/240317/sport ... 51683.html

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Cricket has to be one of the most corrupt sports in the world. There are so many variables and individual moments in a game that makes it a gambler's paradise. Then add a shady network of boards.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:14 pm
Isn’t BT appealing the length of the ban? Given the circumstances there could good news.
Who wouldn’t want to see a middle order of Ervine, Taylor, Williams, Naqvi and Raza?
Ervine, Taylor, Williams & Raza? Is this an new competition for OAPs?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

:lol: :lol:

Yeah but the sad thing is even on Zimmer frames they’re the best we have.