Travelling to Harare to watch a test match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Travelling to Harare to watch a test match

Post by sloandog »

betterdays wrote:Hope you have fun sloandog...
Thanks bro, won't be my first time back home :) Can't wait

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:ZCF should charter the Rovos train. I am not rooming with hhm though.
That would be something to see.

Googly

Post by Googly »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:What exciting things are there to see and do in Harare and Bulawayo? Besides going to HSC and Queens of course! :D
Go to Busters for a drink and loudly proclaim u are from harare, that should spice up your day. Make sure your medical is up to date!
Or go tp HSC and take a pic of Bob's guards as you drive in, another interesting few hours will await you. hehe
Some real do's and don'ts in this neck of the woods.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Okay, so I was last in Zim in 2003, so my info may be a bit out of date. But always seemed to me that the best things to do in Zim are all outside the cities. When I was little (a looong time ago), Lake MacIlwaine (Lake Chivero now, I think) always had plenty going on, but I hear it's not what it once was.

Go to Vic Falls. Bungee jump off the bridge, take a helicopter flight down the gorge, and ride the rapids. Take a daytrip into Botswana, where they do some great game tours around the Chobe river.
Go to Kariba. Take a houseboat for a week and chill. Go on to Mana Pools and see the wildlife.
Eastern Highlands / Nyanga's also a great place to unwind. Climate up there can be more European than Zimbabwean, almost.

Key to getting the most out of Zim is being willing to travel around, really.