Players Boycott practice

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Players Boycott practice

Post by bayhaus »

Anyone know anything about this?
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

CrimsonAvenger

Re: Players Boycott practice

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Again? What's the issue now? That guy from England is coming over for fitness training for god's sake...

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:Again? What's the issue now? That guy from England is coming over for fitness training for god's sake...
Maybe ZC need to pay the players first before its starts bringing in consultants. Otherwise all these consultants and coaches can come and will yeild no results cos the players will be too hungry to concentrate and apoply themselves. I knew this would happen.
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

its all over. noone will ever want to play for zc again. even if things improve- it will just be seen with scepticism or a smokescreen.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

Apparently we are talking West Indies monies here not even Bangladesh and the winter contracts etc...
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

What are these guys living off ? Seriously. How can they even afford the simple necessaries, honestly this is simply pathetic!
I mean, in all seriousness, how do these men actually survive ? Good on Chopper and Ervine, atleast they have the sense to earn a wage playing the sport they love. Feel SO sorry for the players. Can't see a certain Sean Williams hanging around for too long

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

sloandog wrote:What are these guys living off ? Seriously. How can they even afford the simple necessaries, honestly this is simply pathetic!
I mean, in all seriousness, how do these men actually survive ? Good on Chopper and Ervine, atleast they have the sense to earn a wage playing the sport they love. Feel SO sorry for the players. Can't see a certain Sean Williams hanging around for too long
Pathetic indeed!

I suppose the senior players are not actually starving, but just remember Tinashe Panyangara caught shoplifting last year trying to put some food on the table. I think that was again during the off-season when franchise players are out of contract.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

any more news ???

Andy Waller thinks things are going well according to his interview lol

As always 1 step forward 3 steps back all the good signs from the BD series and the positive arrival of Waller plus the pommy fitness guy offset by players not getting paided, players boycotting and of course Mangongo assulting the young leggie Mushangwe ......

When will things get better :x :x :x
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

They haven't been paid since March. Everyone was up in arms at the prospect of India not coming, but as soon as they go firm the players boycott because they have some leverage? Not sure about this.
The fact is that the players are not that upset about the admin, they just want to be paid a bit more regularly which is really narrow minded. If they really wanted change they should just down tools until there's an entirely new system system in place. It would be great to insist on a forensic audit and stiff jail sentences for anyone who had misappropriated money as well. There's nothing to lose, we're at rock bottom anyway. The last time this happened ZC gleefully sacked everyone but now there's no-one to replace the current guys, there is no plan Z. Agree to change or shut up shop and let's choose another sport to be second rate at.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Guess the players would be stupid not to play this series since the India series is the big pay day Zimbabwe is waiting for ..... Therefore the players best chance to get paided .....

Don't think this will solve the big problems just patch a few over for the time being .....
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement