Logan Cup ( Rhinos vs Eagles & Tuskers v Southern Rocks)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup ( Rhinos vs Eagles & Tuskers v Southern Rocks)

Post by zimfan1 »

Have I missed something, why did the Tuskers not declare at more than 300 runs ahead on day 4?

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm
Have I missed something, why did the Tuskers not declare at more than 300 runs ahead on day 4?
It’s because they have zero confidence in their bowling at the minute and the pitch was a road. They are also out of the running for the title now so no need to try for the extra points.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

:)
CalZim wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:56 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
It’s because they have zero confidence in their bowling at the minute and the pitch was a road. They are also out of the running for the title now so no need to try for the extra points.
Why doesn't ZC implement a 12th man who can bowl but doesn't bat.. It's getting embarrassing each team scoring over 400 runs

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:37 am
:)
CalZim wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:56 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Why doesn't ZC implement a 12th man who can bowl but doesn't bat.. It's getting embarrassing each team scoring over 400 runs
In my plan (which makes me sound like a broken record) id do exactly that to strengthen bowling and batting attacks if we chop a first class side. which will mean in reality we lose half a side only. Similar to the 2003 VB series in Australia.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

These balls they use become dead after about 15 overs. Couple that with some flat pitches of late and somebody is going to score some runs.
I think some of the batters are also playing better 4 day cricket. Low risk and its working.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:16 pm
Or, an alternative option is to just not play franchise cricket whilst the national team are away on duty?
Revert to NPL/club cricket during those weeks.

Then ensure Logan Cup fixtures are only scheduled whilst everyone is available. Full availability plus 2 high quality overseas and then 5 sides is justified.
It just occurred to me thsi won’t work either because now we are finding most of our top 11 are playing T20 leagues in the Muslim world during this time.

Our fast bowling depth is truly scary how far it dips after Richie, Blessifn and Evans.
Where is Evans btw?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*