Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I think Campbell, Bennett, and Myers (if/when he returns) are the future. There is no guarantee of success, but they have shown the most potential. I'm not sure about Madande, but he's shown some glimpses of good things. Gumbie seems to have great work ethic and maximizes his skills...thats an essential trait to have in the dressing room. I think Brian Chari could be similar and would like to see him get another go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Donald wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 pm
I would stick with Madande. He is a class player overall just looked a bit overawed with the occasion same as mpofu.
I don't believe mayavo would do any better. Michael Jones has a poor match thanks to Nyauchi but obviously we know he is a good player for Durham overall.
Would like to see Hamid get a shot and maybe Dube or Chaitara for Musoko. Chinouya can come in as the experience if they plan to rest Nyauchi and give others a go.
As Donald says Madande is the wicketkeeper for now and future..
Wicketkeeper Tafadzwa Tsiga bowled just 3 balls today and took 3 wickets.....

Donald

Post by Donald »

Would put in Shumba and Ali Hamid in tomorrow for Kaia and Marumani.
Maybe chataira or Mgini dube for musoko.
Ainsley was tops last game both bowling and batting so he stays which means no place for Mufudza.
Can't think of many other changes with squad.
Mackoni is in there so they may switch him for Mpofu or Welch.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I want to see Ali Hamid Welch and others get the same opportunities that have been afforded to Marumani and Madhevere over a period of time. Firm believer In fairness.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Can’t drop Roy, captain supremo.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

There is a little bit of rain around. The country needs that but expect massive delays at Takashinga unless they move the match. Wet outfield loading. I don’t know why their drainage is so poor

Donald

Post by Donald »

As you stated the toss is delayed and rain is about. Such as shame. Why can't they use sports club down the road for next 3 days?

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

Is Welch injured or unwell ? If he is neither and Mpofu keeps his place in the team with scores of 6 and 10 and is 33 years of age and is never going to play at the top level at the expense of Welch who may be good enough but we will never know because these wankers decide that one game is enough. What a dissfunctional pathetic half arsed set up this is. It is clear that there is an agenda here.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

They should have just called it a chairman’s 11 so that Naqvi could have played. We are curious to see him play against better opposition. I guess he will have 1 T20 to show us. Poor sample size.

Want to see how the guys from Pakistan bowl against these guys in the T20s as well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

mnelson68 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:48 am
Is Welch injured or unwell ? If he is neither and Mpofu keeps his place in the team with scores of 6 and 10 and is 33 years of age and is never going to play at the top level at the expense of Welch who may be good enough but we will never know because these wankers decide that one game is enough. What a dissfunctional pathetic half arsed set up this is. It is clear that there is an agenda here.
Ya he's got a long haul to prove himself. I'm not sure 5 hundreds on the trot would secure his spot.