Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Post by Donald »

Why no comments on the match thus far??

Zimbabwe A doing very well. Reduced durham to 132-5. Nyauchi is having the game of his life and has just nabbed the big fish borthwick

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah well done Victor! Gives it 120%, looking fit and strong.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Chinouya was very very unlucky not to pick up wickets from what I remember. Had a full inswinger come back in early on which was denied by umpire for LBW, Inexplicable

Donald

Post by Donald »

Tiring a bit now nyauchi. Might be worth putting Campbell on for a spell

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I'm not sure why the selectors seem to dislike the Welch brothers, but it's as clear and as plain at the nose on ones face. It's a disgrace that there are inferior batters in this side getting more opportunities that Matt and Clive. I'm not even bothered about this. Wasted opportunity to develop two genuinely exciting prospects

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Nick fair enough, not had the best season in red ball. But he dominated the white ball scene and should have been included in the Sri Lanka squad.

Matt Welch (as everyone can see from the shots he plays) has 10 times the potential of Makoni and Mpofu. The latter deserves to be there, I agree. Mpofu has had a very good domestic season and deserves his place in thw squad, but if you're looking at longevity and the future, Welch should be in this side. I'm glad Ali is in, alongside bennett and Campbell, but giving exposure to Madande and Welch would have been better. Madande looks good but I'm still not sure he's as good as people make out, especially against spin, although he does have that self belief which is missing in many of our batters

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

If you actually want a fair team selection the only person who will do it at development level without fear or favour is Mangongo

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Looking forward to the Ireland test and I have been asking myself if a tail end of Evans, Ngarava, Blessing and Nyauchi might be too vulnerable. If the main point of a test match is to pick up 20 wickets to win then those 4 will do it. Only problem is our batting might be a little too thin but surely we have to back ourselves against Ireland in a test match.

Convince Raza and Williams to play and we have the spin department covered. Campbell can be the leg spin option. Got a feeling Myers might play and that’s your 5th seam option even though that is far from his stregnth. The conditions should aid him though. I think it could work.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:54 pm
If you actually want a fair team selection the only person who will do it at development level without fear or favour is Mangongo
And yet he’s picked an awful u25 squad including the younger Makoni. I don’t like criticising the youngest players in here but I don’t think I’ve ever seen that kid score serious runs at any point during his junior career

Donald

Post by Donald »

Nepotism and favouritism llare hard habits to break in ZC it seems.
Like do we want a decent squad or not? 😐😐.