Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:39 am
What is the follow on target for 3 day games? 🤔
Usually 150 I think?

mnelson68

Post by mnelson68 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:16 am
mnelson68 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:09 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:27 am

As I’ve said before; worst member of this forum by some distance.
Great scorecard secret
What has that got to do with it?
I never ever want players in a Zimbabwe shirt to fail, no matter how much I resent the selections. If they picked both Makoni’s to open the batting with Naqvi at 3 and Faraz at 4 and Chamu at 5 I would resent it highly but my god I’d be watching and supporting and hoping for a miracle.

Because I’m actually a fan.

I would never wish ill on a player whilst wearing a Zim shirt.

Get fucked tbh
Thanks for that , i wish ill on players because I don't want their selections to be justified by the selectors. It's not the players fault , it's just not a level playing field.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Donald wrote:
What is the follow on target for 3 day games? 🤔
Usually 150 I think?
Another 15 runs to go then.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Lol, just saw the scorecard. Pretty depressing stuff. Where is Zimbabwe cricket going man!?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Ainsley has actually got a couple of ok scores for a bowler against this attack. He is in a similar position to Campbell who has Burl as his direct competition. I think Wellington offers just a little bit more. Then you have Mavuta as well.

In their defence it was a bit chilly in the morning today. Early start in already difficult Harare conditions with some cloud cover. Solid ball. Some nerves. I’m not completely surprised.
Last edited by TapsC2 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Welch Jr was a keeper then he got injured right? My advice to him will be to move to either the Rocks or Rhinos to challenge Mayavo or Tsiga for the gloves. If his body allows it of course. Tsiga is his best bet for me. Mayavo is actually a good keeper. Either way he needs to leave the Eagles even if he can’t keep anymore. At the Rocks or Rhinos he will get a full season in. He could also move to the Tuskers and keep when Madande is on national duty.

I don’t think people have 100% confidence in Madande and Marumani with the bat as it stands and they aren’t even the best keepers anyway. It’s an open lane to the national team because Gumbie can’t play T20s and that’s the format we play the most. If he has fully recovered from his injury that’s his best bet

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ndlovu didn't need to play that just before lunch. Still a very good innings by him. A captains rearguard and gets us over follow on

Donald

Post by Donald »

Borthwick is such a wimp bowler. Putting himself on against the last batsman. Happened a few times now.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Donald wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:41 am
Borthwick is such a wimp bowler. Putting himself on against the last batsman. Happened a few times now.
Barely bowls in red ball cricket these days. But having a wristspinner to use against a tail that is being a little stubborn is always a good option.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Hands up who thought bowling was going be our strong suit in these games?? :lol: