Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: Durham tour of Zimbabwe

Post by Donald »

Bad light stops play.

That will probably be it for the day. Hope nyauchi and Chinouya open bowling tomorrow and Nyauchi gets a 5 fer.
Should be confident in getting to day 3 now but you never know what horrors are in store 🤭🤭

Googly

Post by Googly »

Baas de Leede (see what I did there :lol: ) joins their bowling attack. He's likely to be more effective.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Nope I was wrong.

And ndolovu gets mustard for another low score.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Ndolovu you hero 😃😃.

This guy has gotta be our spinner now in most formats. What's more the lad can bat.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Durham declare on 193-8. Very attacking move.

We gotta bat well tomorrow. Makoni and mpofu need to justify selection also.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:01 pm
Ndolovu you hero 😃😃.

This guy has gotta be our spinner now in most formats. What's more the lad can bat.
Ainsley is good although I don't think he really offers anything above or beyond Welington tbh. Mufudza is the better bowler of the three but is a proper number 11 so that will always disadvantage him. Wellington and Ndlovu are roughly equal with the ball for my money. Welly is no pushover with the bat either.

It's good to have competition and if Mavuta lays off the puff he's in there too.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Also we really need to use these excellent Kookaburra balls in all our games going forward.

I don't want to diminish achievements but some of the big centuries scored this season have come way too easily and are most probably not a reflection of some players ability. These Durham games are proving a far better battle between bat and ball. Yes they are $100 each but that is a far better investment than most of the crap ZC waste money on on a daily basis.
Last edited by secretzimbo on Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:41 pm
Also we really need to use these excellent Kookaburra balls in all our games going forward.

I don't want to diminish achievements but some of the big centuries scored this season have come way too easily. These Durham games are proving a far better battle between bat and ball. Yes they are $100 each but that is a far better investment than most of the crap ZC waste money on on a daily basis.
Agreed

Donald

Post by Donald »

Still a bit salty about Welch being dropped to be fair. Hasn't done too much wrong and has only played one game. I'm a big believer in fairness if you look at the long rope that Marumani and madhevere and to a lesser extent Shumba has had its a bad bad look.

Dion Myers is the real diamond in that batch and hope to see him in the summer.

Anyway back to match. Nyauchi is class and Ndolovu showed why he is among best spinners in country. Chataira did OK, Maybe a bit overawed but he did give us the Initial breakthrough.
Hope Hamid and Shumba do well tomorrow, This has to be their best format.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Donald wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:28 pm
Durham declare on 193-8. Very attacking move.
Bazball move that :lol: