Hamilton Masakadza steps down

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
andrea lanzoni

Re: Hamilton Masakadza steps down

Post by andrea lanzoni »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:00 pm
Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 am
I believe a couple of those guys can bowl 150 with a tape ball. That would be fun to watch.
They’d win that Italian poster’s competition easy then :lol:
I'm confident that Muzarabani is only an apparent exception.
The rule seems a system unable to tap junior promising resouces and keeps wondering how bleak is a future when top national players (all over 35) would retire.
Give a spectrum of hundreds of kids a try and you would certainly find natural talented fast bowlers.

If this calls to bowl tapeballs or stones, be it.
First thing find natural talents, only THEN send them to academies or to 20,000 $ a month coaches.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:13 am
Donald wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 am
Dion myers is the real talent. I worried that he had maybe lost his mojo being away from the game for a bit but that was well and truly refuted by scores of 150 and 200 In his last two Logan cup games.
Why do you say he's THE real talent? He's done remarkably well in red ball considering how little cricket he plays, and he is good at other formats, but there are a few other guys that
have just as much ability.
I will guarantee you that when he comes back he will get a direct entry and am almost prepared to guarantee he will run into the same problems that our other good young hopefuls have experienced.
That can possibly be overcome by a guy like Houghton or BT having one on one sessions with the top guys and giving them all the tools they can take onboard, then these guys need to experience sustained good/hostile bowling. The cream will eventually rise to the top- the guys with the mental fortitude to deal at this level.
Throwing guys in the deep end when they have had inadequate prep doesn't work. Might happen 1 in a 1000 players.
Having boot camps is better than nothing for sure, but we need real professional expertise.
Until we see top coaches coaching our best guys at least 4 days a week in the off season or as often as possible between games, ironing out problems we're not going to make progress.
100000000%

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

andrea lanzoni wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:17 pm
Pat_Bee wrote:
Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:54 am
I believe a couple of those guys can bowl 150 with a tape ball. That would be fun to watch.
The rule seems a system unable to tap junior promising resouces and keeps wondering how bleak is a future when top national players (all over 35) would retire.
Give a spectrum of hundreds of kids a try and you would certainly find natural talented fast bowlers.

First thing find natural talents, only THEN send them to academies or to 20,000 $ a month coaches.
:lol: :lol:

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:30 pm
Googly wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:13 am
Donald wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:40 am
Dion myers is the real talent. I worried that he had maybe lost his mojo being away from the game for a bit but that was well and truly refuted by scores of 150 and 200 In his last two Logan cup games.
Why do you say he's THE real talent? He's done remarkably well in red ball considering how little cricket he plays, and he is good at other formats, but there are a few other guys that
have just as much ability.
I will guarantee you that when he comes back he will get a direct entry and am almost prepared to guarantee he will run into the same problems that our other good young hopefuls have experienced.
That can possibly be overcome by a guy like Houghton or BT having one on one sessions with the top guys and giving them all the tools they can take onboard, then these guys need to experience sustained good/hostile bowling. The cream will eventually rise to the top- the guys with the mental fortitude to deal at this level.
Throwing guys in the deep end when they have had inadequate prep doesn't work. Might happen 1 in a 1000 players.
Having boot camps is better than nothing for sure, but we need real professional expertise.
Until we see top coaches coaching our best guys at least 4 days a week in the off season or as often as possible between games, ironing out problems we're not going to make progress.
100000000%
This, tapeball and Naqvi get a mention on every thread :lol: full house on ZCF bingo.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Tape all sounds so crude. Why wouldn’t you just buy kanga cricket sets if you’re looking for cheap equipment to stir participation excitement.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

They look like they use plastic bats, some like they might even be carbon fibre, they're definitely a lot lighter because some of those top guys generate amazing bat speed and have crazy reflexes. I can't find the clip I'm looking for, but the one guy is incredible.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:34 pm
Tape all sounds so crude. Why wouldn’t you just buy kanga cricket sets if you’re looking for cheap equipment to stir participation excitement.
Yes: tapeball, kanga, whatever may attract a pool of newbies.

First aim should be to be in condition to pick a few natural talented fast bowlers from many contestants.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:54 pm
andrea lanzoni wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:17 pm
Pat_Bee wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Maybe I'm short in the uptake: is it funny to test skills of a few hundreds kids or to pay (in Zimbabwe) 20,000$ a month for a coach?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Do we know who all have applied for Head Coach position so far?

I get a feeling that there may not be many high profile coaches that might be interested to be employed under ZC.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Googly and Lanzoni. Was a good interview by all accounts. Suits mightily impressed with their futuristic vision of Houghton and BT one on one coaching guys with prospects at the all new high performance tapeball centre. They’ve got the financial backing of Naqvi’s dad to get some bowling machines and poach a few murungus from the diaspora. Lady chevs won’t get a dime but they don’t need it, serial winners those girls.