[Match Thread] African games - Zimbabwe vs Tanzania

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] African games - Zimbabwe vs Tanzania

Post by secretzimbo »

I hear there has so far been no T20I cap presentation to our 6 debutants so far. So it seems ZC may also not be considering these full capped internationals.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

They’ve changed it up now but I did notice at some point in yesterday’s game the ZC app had our side as Zim Emerging?! Anyone else notice that?

No idea if that is standard ZC sloppiness or adds weight to these claims.

Surely they’d have to be t20i’s for everyone or nobody?! Can’t have individual boards making that call, it’s an ICC call. Otherwise you’d end up with CSA and ZC saying these aren’t t20i’s and Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania saying yes they are bro :lol: :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

So south africa sent a C side recently to new Zealand for a test series and that was OK.

India will more than likely send a C side to Zimbabwe in the summer and that will be OK.

Sick of these double standards.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Both major apps Cricinfo and Cricbuzz have got these as Internationals. It has to be same for all games.

I doubt if South Africa and Zimbabwe were unaware of it though. Very much possible because these cricket boards are not as smart as we think they are. Very much possible that both these countries thought these are exhibition games!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm
I hear there has so far been no T20I cap presentation to our 6 debutants so far. So it seems ZC may also not be considering these full capped internationals.
Why would/should they?

Jaker Ali who clobbered Sri Lanka last week, on his "official" T20 debut had the following 10 teammates:

Parvez Hossain Emon
Saif Hassan
Mahmudul Hasan Joy
Zakir Hasan
Afif Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Rakibul Hasan
Rishad Hossain
Sumon Khan
Ripon Mondol

A grand total of 4 of those guys had been capped at the time, with two more getting caps later. This cannot be considered a representative Bangladesh side. Its at best a B team, and even that is probably a stretch. Because the list of players who would generally be considered ahead of any of those guys for national selection would include the following:

Mohammad Naim
Shadman Islam
Mosaddek Hossain
Yasir Ali
Mohammad Saifuddin
Nayeem Hasan
Nurul Hasan Sohan
Taijul Islam
Khaled Ahmed
Mrittunjoy Chowdhury
Abu Jayed

I'm all for expanding the game, but these competitions up till now aren't top flight cricket.

And although I agree the idea behind a World XI vs Australia SuperTest match is flimsy at best, it does include some of the best players and equally importantly occurred under the ICC purview. I'm not sure if the Asian Games or Africa Games or Olympics do...I think they are a separate governing authority.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Donald wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm
So south africa sent a C side recently to new Zealand for a test series and that was OK.

India will more than likely send a C side to Zimbabwe in the summer and that will be OK.

Sick of these double standards.
There is one significant difference. No one is going to count the performances or give too much weight to any stats from those matches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Saint_Mel

Post by Saint_Mel »

The sanctitiy of cricket statistics especially in T20 cricket really is something that people really need to stop worrying about. I mean seriously, who cares if some players who wouldn't make it into full strength squads get to play some recognised international cricket. They're still better cricketers than anyone who's going to read this comment and it's a cool story they can tell their Grandkids. Rodney Mupfudza playing a few T20Is representing Zimbabwe at a multi-sport games doesn't delegitimise international cricket. Nobody who's thinking about attending a T20 match will think that it's no longer worth going to because Rodney Mupfudza has played for Zimababwe. This is fundamentally an issue not worth worrying about.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well aside from SA, Namibia and Zim the other countries are putting their best players forward so those should constitute internationals.

What's not a full strength side for Zim? If they don't have Raza, Ngarava and Blessing perhaps, but other than those two or three you can replace any number of players that will do equally well or badly.

ICC are supposedly trying to spread cricket, they're not really, but the T20 is making cricket evolve naturally despite ICC and we're seeing surprise wins more and more often.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

The South Africa matches no longer have T20i status. They have been renamed "University Sport South Africa"

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Absolute joke. I really despise cricket sometimes.

SA lose to Kenya so kick off and get their own way as the big full member. Fuck off tbh