African Games Semi Final | Zim vs Kenya

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: African Games Semi Final | Zim vs Kenya

Post by Pat_Bee »

The good old twitterati. See a couple of decent performances and would parachute the guy straight into the national side. Then when he gets pumped in his first game they want to drop him :lol:

So these full t20i’s then or what?! Ever get to the bottom of that?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Old nelsdawg probz still crying how we’re a batter light :lol:

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Donald wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm
I see people are clamouring for Musekiwa to go straight into the national side on twitter. . That's dangerous. Boy has oodles of talent but needs to have many more matches and be more consistent. Eventually could be a major challenger to Jongwe and Evans. Blood him in the A side instead with one eye on 2026 20/20
Boy?????? He's a 31 year old man for goodness sakes, are you an England selector?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I think the only person who should be immediately elevated is Campbell because he has really put in the work. Years of work. Bennet and Madande are already in. I think Musekiwa should be preparing for the UK tour. It is definitely tempting but I think they will go with Jongwe and The returning Evans for the immediate future.

The issue is obviously who the backup keeper will be? I’m not sure Marumani should be getting free passes to tour with his current form but the only other option is Gumbie who I’m not sure about in T20s yet.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Looks like all the games have T20I status after all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Train Driver wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:41 pm
Donald wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm
I see people are clamouring for Musekiwa to go straight into the national side on twitter. . That's dangerous. Boy has oodles of talent but needs to have many more matches and be more consistent. Eventually could be a major challenger to Jongwe and Evans. Blood him in the A side instead with one eye on 2026 20/20
Boy?????? He's a 31 year old man for goodness sakes, are you an England selector?
I'm calling bullshit on that one. He is about 23/24 despite cricinfo showing this

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

His age is irrelevant lol. Without exposure in an A or emerging side and dumped straight in the deep end it’s not going to end well for him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Musekiwa is very ordinary as a bowler. Hits a long ball and is talented with the bat, but woefully inconsistent. It was a great innings but he's a way off doing that against good bowling. One good innings and everyone thinks he's the next Dohni.
What's he in the national side as? Evans and Jongwe are both better than him atm.
There's no room for Campbell unless he replaces Masakadza as a spinning all rounder. He's like for like with Masakadza or Burl. Is that going to happen? Campbell has made his runs in red ball. He's playing well and on the up, of that there's no doubt. All power to him.
There's just no way Bennett, Marumani, Munyonga, Mufudza, or Madande are better T20 batters than Welch, its a joke that hes sitting out, he's just had a terrible season, but he'll come good. They seem happy to hamstring a quality player, what's going on there?
That's the problem with these selectors, they'll fuck around with their favorites and politics and they're going to waste years. A favorite scoring 20 buys him a year, I get the feeling Mufudza is a Mangongo favorite. We're going to see him for years to come. Our selectors are never answerable, they're a problem. Everyone has an agenda.

I really liked the way Munyonga gave Musekiwa strike today
That wS responsible. Most of our guys would have just swung and not fed the in-form batter.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Googly do you mean Mupfudza? If not I’m confused as Mufudza has been ignored for years and has only recently made his way into the national side, only me and SZ consider him a favourite :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

CalZim wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:19 pm
Googly do you mean Mupfudza? If not I’m confused as Mufudza has been ignored for years and has only recently made his way into the national side, only me and SZ consider him a favourite :lol:
I believe yes he means Rodney mufudza the opener.