ARE THERE ANY FAST BOWLERS(135+KPH) OPERATING IN ZIM??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bigdoggpitbull

ARE THERE ANY FAST BOWLERS(135+KPH) OPERATING IN ZIM??

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

JUS WANTED TO KNOW COZ I WATCHED A LOGAN CUP GAME RECENTLY AND ONE KID FROM WESTERNS BOWLED ABOUT 130ish..

jimbo

Re: ARE THERE ANY FAST BOWLERS(135+KPH) OPERATING IN ZIM??

Post by jimbo »

Who was the westerns bowler in question??

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

jabulo or sumthing lyk that..definitely bowled faser than mpofu in his first 5 overs..bowled decent pace for a yungster..

aydee

Post by aydee »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:jabulo or sumthing lyk that..definitely bowled faser than mpofu in his first 5 overs..bowled decent pace for a yungster..
Njabulo Ncube I guess. Only 19, but didn't have a very successful Logan Cup.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Here is the list of bowler speeds: http://www.brmtaylor.com/players/bowler_speeds.html

We know Rainsford is the quickest of the national team players, he clocked 138 in the Bangladesh series. Chigumbura can get up to 135 (I reckon if it weren't for an injury a few years ago he'd be in the low 140's). Mpofu is only around 132 max, I was expecting him to be a faster to be honest. He's tall so he should get a lot of bounce - he is quite lanky, if he bulked up a bit he would probably bowl faster, more aggressively and be more intimidating to batsmen.

It's worth keeping in mind that just because Rainsford can bowl the quickest, he normally doesn't. Chigumbura still has the highest average speed (in the high 120's) while Rainsford and Mpofu are in the mid 120's.

On the domestic circuit, the reports have been that Gerald Aliseni can bowled up to 150. Kyle Jarvis can reach the low 140's. Neither of these players were in this years Logan Cup, I think they aren't even in Zimbabwe actually. Brian Vitori played one match for Centrals, it was mentioned that he can reach the 130's as well. He's only 18 or 19 so obviously there is still a lot of development left in him.

Pace bowling is one of Zimbabwe's deficiencies. Clearly the Rainsford and Chigumbura new ball combination has worked quite well against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, so it's not a cause for concern. But it would be nice to have a player that could consistently bowl 140's in the side. Ideally, Rainsford could be moulded into this sort of player.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

First of all i must admit im a big fan of fast bowling ok..iv seen chigumbura bowl fast to greame smith..had him caught at fine leg with a 145km/h bouncer at Newlands..but dat was b4 e injury but im sure with proper fitness & strength training he shud b bowling fast again by now??coz he bowls in e low 120s then every now & then he releases a faster ball(135kph) jus saw his matches on youtube..well if vitori bowls 135kph at 18/19 then if well managed he shud bowl faster..iv seen kyle jarvis while he was at st johns & he was quick..heard he plays for pretoria uni..

sum1 told me manyumwa was a 125km/h max bowler but sumwhere it says fastest bowler in zim..chibhabha once bowled a few bowls at 140kph against west indies in e world cup 2003 but now i heard he is lazy and jogs in while operating at 120kph..i rememba mpofu used to bowl 140kph max wat happened to him(132kph max now)..as for aliseni i heard he's e most unserious..if he can bowl 150kph y isnt he playin for our national team??

iv seen rainsford bowl sharp b4 but 138kph seems to b on e extreme side..wen he openend with muzarabani(churchill old boy),, muzarabani bowled quicker in that same match than a pumped-up rainsford striving for extra pace..wat about garwe..a lot has been said bout him..he is most probably e biggest under-achiever in zim cricket if we go by all e newspaper articles on him..they talk about him year in year out but he never plays.. thot he was in e same pace bracket as chigumbura but quicker on average pace..we shud open a fast bowling academy were every guy bowling at about 130kph(plus or minus 3kph) shud b put in a high perfomance centre were they work out to increase stamina & pace..im sure dougy hondo as a fast bowler & now bowling coach could facilitate this..its costly but im sure at least 5 guys would b found and zim cricket would benefit..

wat happened to mandizha??,,vickery??,,chinyoka??,,zishiri??,,charumbira??,,nicholson??,,laubscher??,,and i remember there was a falcon college black guy about 3/4 years ago who was lightning!! saw him bowl against st johns and then against hillcrest by e st georges festival..heard he didnt even rock up for U19 trials then!! havent seen such pace from a schoolboy and iv been around e world!! im sure he bowled close to 140kph..was definitely quicker than all our bowlers and many international guys wen he was 18!! total freak of nature!! if he's not playin cricket then its a great tradegy.. anyway wat im sayin is,,we shud try spot talent and not let it go?? if we want to play test cricket then we shud hav AT LEAST 2 BOWLERS BOWLING OVER 140kph..we cant stick to our 110kph-130kph bowlers otherwise teams would make 500 everytym against us..im a big zim supporter and can only i only want e best for them..our spin department is world class so no complaints there..

i mean we hav at least one schoolboy bowling 130kph every year and they dissapear all e tym..we need to sort out this problem..

geraldaliseni

Post by geraldaliseni »

eish u ounz r OG straight up..rapping bout me like im not there..anyway i tried my luck but zim cricket wasnt e place for me(no hard feelings)..gotta try my luck sumwhere else..watch this space coz imma b big in 6months!! anyway im still sending em down now that im fit nd bowling again..all e best to e lads & our national team..

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Lol I think we have found the black sloandog.

And 100% official Gerald is clearly from tha hood.

Very curious who this young kid pitbull is referring to in that long post
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tailender

Post by tailender »

What happened to pace bowling auditions that were held country wide a year ago.
Success is a journey, not a destination

aydee

Post by aydee »

tailender wrote:What happened to pace bowling auditions that were held country wide a year ago.
Is anyone surprised that no fully formed, world-class pace bowlers suddenly emerged from the woodwork??