Vic Falls

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Vic Falls

Post by Pat_Bee »

Word on the street is that Queens and HSC are not big enough (at 10k capacity?) so the plans for the Vic Falls stadium are underway ready for the World Cup. Not being talked about, actually under way.

This will be the death of any remaining credibility ZC has. Total white elephant that will waste billions of bond notes and is it even going to be ready and up to code in time?! :lol:

I do hope this is a belated April Fool’s.

Googly

Re: Vic Falls

Post by Googly »

Yeah I've heard it's going ahead. I've asked some mates that live at The Falls and they're unaware of anything happening. They don't even know where the proposed site is.
It's the disaster of all disasters if this is true.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Perhaps the T10 will be moved there?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

From a sports tourism perspective it could work but only for the big guns like India and England. We don’t play them regularly so that’s what I don’t understand. For the World Cup I guess they could negotiate with CSA to get some big games played there. After the World Cup is what I’m worried about. It’s 100% going ahead

Googly

Post by Googly »

Everybody knows that it will be a white elephant, used maybe half a dozen times with medevac on standby to resuscitate collapsing cricketers and then it will just gather dust and get stripped by locals for building materials.
Maybe a bat colony, some vultures and some baboons will roost there at night.

Only one reason to go ahead with it and that's to liberate millions of dollars and for the bosses to fly there and stay in Elephant Hills every weekend to check the building process. Watch them ask our cricketers to take a 90% pay cut to help pay for it.
It's going to be looting that makes Bvute's tenure look like he stole some sweets. Cricket will be back to ground zero and we'd only dragged ourselves one foot off the floor anyway. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The fact that there is one government school left in the country that has a cricket pitch, that half the "clubs" don't have a home ground, that we have no age group tours or cricket to speak of doesn't seem to matter. That the existing club grounds are in disrepair, barring the pristine Takashinga swamp, that franchise players don't get paid enough to eat and live doesn't matter a damn.
You have to live here to understand that there's no bottom to the greed and looting and complete disregard to the future. That people just accept what they get dished out in glum resignation. The ones with one vertebrae left mutter under their breath, but not loud enough that anyone might hear them.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Queens ground has been badly damaged by a music concert held there. Ripped up turf, broken glass everywhere.
Was this held with ZC's blessing or was it Mr Singo again?
Who gets the proceeds of the concert?

If town council were sueing Singo for sub-letting to his pole dancing night club they certainly wouldn't have sanctioned a concert.

Same thing happens at OH ground and to a lesser extent at HSC. To quote a well known gentleman- its all about standards.
We've gone to hell in a handbasket.