Bulawayo Cricket League Update

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Bulawayo Cricket League Update

Post by zimfan1 »

BAC crush Roosters in Byo
October 14th, 2014

cricket equip

BUKHOSI MANGENA -

A seven-wicket haul from man-of-the-match Tawanda Bidi was enough to steer Bulawayo Athletic Club (BAC) to a 105-run victory over Roosters in a Bulawayo Metropolitan Province first League match played at Queens Sports Grounds over the weekend.

BAC won the toss and elected to bat, posting a total of 168 runs all out in 44,5 overs.

Dreadlocked top order batsman Tony Mupariwa top scored for BAC with 64 runs off 82 balls, while the big hitting Charlton Tshuma was unbeaten on 35 runs.

Seamer Devesh Hassan was the pick of the Roosters bowlers, claiming three wickets and conceding 13 runs in his five overs. Hassan also bowled a maiden in that impressive five-over spell.

In reply Roosters were poor with the bat as they were bowled out for a measly 63 runs in just 23,2 overs with the on-fire Bidi doing much of the damage.

After his match winning effort, the lanky bowler attributed his success to sheer hard work and commitment.

“I am glad we won and I performed very well getting convincing figures despite the difficult conditions,” Bidi told The Zimbabwe Mail.

“I believe if I keep on working hard like this, I can go far.”

zimfan1

Re: Bulawayo Cricket League Update

Post by zimfan1 »

BUKHOSI MANGENA -

A classy all round performance by veteran Christopher Mpofu steered Queens Sports Club to a two wicket victory over old foes BAC in a Bulawayo Metropolitan Province first league cricket match played at Queens Sports Grounds over the weekend.

Queens won the toss and chose to field restricting Bulawayo Athletic Club (BAC) to 154 all out after 34.1 overs with the trio of Kudzanai Banda (33 runs), Christopher Mwanza (30) and national team all rounder Sean Williams, who got 22 runs off 33 deliveries, the only notable scorers.

Mpofu took two wickets for 10 runs in four overs, the best stats in the new season so far.

The lanky Mpofu then took centre stage with the bat as well, scoring 31 runs off 41 balls to emerge Queens’ top run scorer as they successfully chased the 155-run winning target for the loss of eight wickets.

Bonaparte Mujuru chipped in with 26 runs for Queens to ensure the side went top of the log table.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Good to see that Mpofu and Williams are playing which should help the standard of cricket.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Today the BMPC league saw Roosters taking on Queens to a thrilling nailbiting finish where Roosters crowed in winners by 7runs.
Roosters set the target of 210 in 50overs, Keith Dabengwa hitting 46 and Nkosana Mpofu contributing a quick 25. Chris Mpofu did not bowl.
Queens fell short in the 50th over, Bonaparte Mujuru with 63.
The new BMPC board being proactive and cricket minded are a welcome relief to the players, as changes for the better are being implemented. Wayne James was present in the morning, no doubt looking for future stars.
Tomorrow sees BAC vs Emakhendeni

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

jimmylesaint wrote:Today the BMPC league saw Roosters taking on Queens to a thrilling nailbiting finish where Roosters crowed in winners by 7runs.
Roosters set the target of 210 in 50overs, Keith Dabengwa hitting 46 and Nkosana Mpofu contributing a quick 25. Chris Mpofu did not bowl.
The new BMPC board being proactive and cricket minded are a welcome relief to the players, as changes for the better are being implemented. Wayne James was present in the morning, no doubt looking for future stars.
I like Nkosana Mpofu, the young man has a great attitude and played some decent innings in his first season of FC cricket.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Does anyone know if Ryan butterworth is still knocking about ?

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Ryan is in Ireland last i heard.
BAC beat Emakhandeni convincingly. Sean Williams 77, Toni Mupariwa 75. Williams 5-26.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:Does anyone know if Ryan butterworth is still knocking about ?
He is back in Zim, his father is unwell at the moment so he has come back to spend time with him. His cricket career is long over I'm afraid.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
sloandog wrote:Does anyone know if Ryan butterworth is still knocking about ?
He is back in Zim, his father is unwell at the moment so he has come back to spend time with him. His cricket career is long over I'm afraid.
Why is it over

aydee

Post by aydee »

jimmylesaint wrote:Today the BMPC league saw Roosters taking on Queens to a thrilling nailbiting finish where Roosters crowed in winners by 7runs.
Good to hear. Thanks for these updates.