Match Thread: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st T20 (3rd May)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Match Thread: Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh 1st T20 (3rd May)

Post by TapsC2 »

If Naqvi finesses citizenship and Myers is back then it would make more sense to play these 2 along with Madande and Bennet in every game until they get it right. Myers is the one who is going to cause some problems in terms of selection because he will deliver if they give him 10 games in a row.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just been sent two links of Naqvi batting in Pakistan local T20's. Firstly they're a much better standard than ours, plenty advertising, spectators, good commentary etc etc.
We are fucking miles behind. How depressing.
Naqvi had two good innings there. Seems to go by the name of Syed Antum Ali. When in Pakistan.....

Big populations mean big money is floating around somewhere. Let's not forget they're a nuclear power. That means there are some smart people there. We can't even make ONE solar farm to power a single village that only needs some 100 x 60 watt lights :lol:
I have friends with home solar that produce more electricity than the biggest government funded project :lol:

Zanu hamstrings commercial business here. You're only rich if you're Zanu. Being king of the dung heap is the mantra they live by. They're busy stealing mining claims at the moment. They have no idea what to do with them. Zero skills, but they want them anyway because they can.
Only money launderers, Chinese with military connections and wanted men and paedophiles will risk investing money here :lol:
We never needed foreign investment, we used to have plenty of local skilled people that did an admiral job but they've been fleeced and have left :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Just been listening to a moron saying the whites deliberately got ducks to make Matsikenyeri look bad.
How do we move forward when you've got c#&*s like that in our midst? People listen and believe as well.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

I’ve seen the same links, that first ball in the first link swung miles. the mind boggles how those Pakistani lads do it with a white ball so consistently. All above board though I’m sure :lol:

Murungus deliberately getting ducks to make Matsi look bad :lol: ya that’s totally plausible.

Ya only shady guys invest in Zim.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That away swinger is called Saqib. Unbelievable bowling spell from him. Unplayable deliveries.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

People here defending Williams, but genuine question, when is the last time he had a decent innings in a T20?
Because I can’t remember, it’s been that long. If at all.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s still in my team. But he isn’t big 3 level. It’s just not his format. He’s a 50 over playa. That is how he developed and it’s one of those situations where you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 am
People here defending Williams, but genuine question, when is the last time he had a decent innings in a T20?

Don’t get me wrong, he’s still in my team. But he isn’t big 3 level. It’s just not his format. He’s a 50 over playa. That is how he developed and it’s one of those situations where you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
After the 2022 T20 World Cup he has a 60 against Kenya, a 36 versus Tanzania and a 34 against Ireland. 14 games. His ODI record on the other hand is incredible.

Craig during the same period has the 70 against Sri Lanka, 36 and 54 against Namibia, 42 and 54 against Ireland. 13 matches. Important to note that Craig didn’t play against Uganda.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It’s worth to note that Ryan Burl during the same time from the 2022 World Cup has a 44 against Rwanda plus 38,36 and 30 against Ireland. 20 matches. I guess some will justify it by saying he bats down the order but we have collapsed multiple times during the same period.

In fact if you take a look at Malcolm Waller’s T20i record and compare it to Burl’s you will notice a lot of similarities. In fact Walker’s strike rate was on 138 by the time he was done. Burl’s is on 117.

Williams has played 80 T20s and scored 11 half centuries. Burl has played 75 and has 2 half centuries. Yes he bats down the order but as I mentioned earlier we have collapsed in multiple games which he played in. The only time I honestly saw him stand up when it mattered was the disaster against Scotland. That might be the best game he has played for us

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 am

After the 2022 T20 World Cup he has a 60 against Kenya, a 36 versus Tanzania and a 34 against Ireland. 14 games. His ODI record on the other hand is incredible.

Craig during the same period has the 70 against Sri Lanka, 36 and 54 against Namibia, 42 and 54 against Ireland. 13 matches. Important to note that Craig didn’t play against Uganda.
So Willo does it very rarely and only against the spastic teams
He is usually good for a run a ball 14 agaisnt top sides and as bad as it sounds that’s actually enough to maintain his place.
His 50 over record is impeccable as you say and he’s first picked there.

Ervine is uncomfortable in t20s but actually does well when he has to become the anchor when someone else is blitzing or wickets are falling. Also maintains his place.

Burl is the one who should be stepping up more as his hand suits t20s much better and he’s at that age you should starting to be peaking
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Bertus de Jong wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:39 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 4:27 pm
With rankings update ZIM started the match back down at 13...just 1 point behind Scotland and Ireland tho.

I reckon 1-4, and they don't gain or lose any points. 2-3 and they'd gain a few.
One win gets Zim to 192.15ish, which might well be just enough.
Two gets you to 194.5ish, which more than likely will be.
Three wins gets you to 197 which is nailed on 2026 WC.
Thanks for this Bertus.