ZC clears Madhevere, Mavuta to return after completing drugs ban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

secretzimbo

Re: ZC clears Madhevere, Mavuta to return after completing drugs ban

Post by secretzimbo »

Don’t think we ever heard the outcome of Kasuza’s hearings but I assume he got the same 4 month ban.

Davis Murwendo is the latest to be caught.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Interesting to see that they are doing their own tests. I would assume that if Ballance was caught it must have been in-house because we haven’t heard anything about it since.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah maybe in-house and he decided to announce his retirement instead and they gave him that option.
It means that in theory he could start playing tomorrow.
Two shit tobacco seasons and he could be back :lol:
That whole episode was annoying. People had set a lot of store in him bolstering our side and clearly some people went out of their way to make it happen and he came back with issues and his heart not really in it. I guess he was in a low place and we're all only human.

The use of marijuana is rife, simply because most can't afford the marching dust. If they did regular testing there'd be some sad faces :lol: The marijuana stays in your system a lot longer than the coke.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Months longer, no need to even test. Can just tell who uses it from their hairstyle :lol:

“Two shit tobacco seasons” :lol: :lol: :lol: class mate!

Ya he let everyone down, is what it is though. Typical Zim overall that whole mess :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 am
Yeah maybe in-house and he decided to announce his retirement instead and they gave him that option.
It means that in theory he could start playing tomorrow.
Two shit tobacco seasons and he could be back :lol:
That whole episode was annoying. People had set a lot of store in him bolstering our side and clearly some people went out of their way to make it happen and he came back with issues and his heart not really in it. I guess he was in a low place and we're all only human.

The use of marijuana is rife, simply because most can't afford the marching dust. If they did regular testing there'd be some sad faces :lol: The marijuana stays in your system a lot longer than the coke.
If Ballance was a self test, that is an own goal , because with Ballance, we probably qualify for the World Cup.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Ballance or not, Raza would have holed out somewhere along the line :lol: qualifiers ain’t the African games with Burundi’s presidential select XI as every fixture.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I'm a little concerned about Mavuta as he implied he was becoming addicted to the drug. I know he had alcohol issues before also. Maybe some longer term work and relapse prevention is needed.

Googly

Post by Googly »

You don't see admin, board members and coaches with marijuana problems :lol:
Their addiction is Johnny Walker Green and cream soda, possibly with a coke chaser.
Stress free.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If they paid guys a living wage 12 months of the year, kept them busy with a contract that required them to practice a lot of these problems would fall away.