Match Thread: Pakistan v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Match Thread: Pakistan v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

We aren't the only ones disappointed with Hugo.

Anyone watching the Ten Sports coverage/stream will know what I mean. The only Zimbabwean in the commentary team is a bloke named Hugo Ribatika, a Harare newsreader. He has a great voice, but knows nothing about cricket.

At one stage he referred to Zimbabwe as South Africa (huh??) and called Gary Brent - Barry Ground (or something to that effect? :? )

Where is Andy Pycroft and Pommie? :cry:
Blind cricket commentator accuses ZC of bias
OUTSPOKEN cricket analyst, Dean Du Plessis, who pulls no punches when he talks of the state of the Zimbabwean game, was sidelined in the just ended Ten Sports/Croco motors One Day International series, The Zimbabwean has learnt.
The blind radio and television commentator who felt his candid talk got Zimbabwe Cricket out to teach him something said he had been treated "unfairly on the basis that I'm blind and because I'm white."
"ZC doesn't like me because I'm outspoken, they don't want to be told the truth," he said.
Television newsreader, Hugo Ribatika and former Zimbabwean pace bowler, Douglas Hondo, were among the commentators on television. Ribatika disappointed most cricket enthusiasts with his "obvious comments."
"Hugo Ribatika may be a sports commentator but when it comes to cricket live on tv, we need someone who is analytical. The man spent most of his time making obvious comments that any of us could have made…" said a cricket fan who requested anonymity. - Gracey Chirumanzu

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Only Zimbabwe could go from 4/211 to 8/220.
Wouldn't be a Zimbabwe match without some sort of batting collapse, would it... :(

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Utseya has done his hamstring apparently :(
Taibu stand in captain.

Looks like Williams will have to bowl his full quota of overs, as will Chibhabha.

Maraicha

Post by Maraicha »

A Pakistan collapse is also possible if we only ensure the bowlers are miserly. This will result in the Pakistan batsmen going for big shots which will no doubt result in wickets? Anybody know what the wicket is like?

Maraicha

Post by Maraicha »

I seem not to be able to view the match online :evil: Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Chibhabha first change :o Im getting a bit fed up with this. We need our big guns like rainsford. Hell i would even consider bringing mahwire back in the team for matsikenyeri so we have that extra bowler

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Maraicha wrote:I seem not to be able to view the match online :evil: Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
The wicket is pretty flat, I doubt the spin bowlers will get much out of it. Utseya is injured so Price has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders.

Are you using Internet Explorer? You must use Sopcast and IE. I've been noting down the bowlers speeds, I will put them on brmtaylor.com a bit later, but I will say it's a bit embarassing. We don't have any quick bowlers!

Price has looked good. He looks like the only "quality" bowler we have to be honest (besides the occasional great ball by Chigumbura), he has such a lovely unstrained action. Great to watch, even though the result is beyond doubt.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Obviously the Pakistani batsmen are so scared of facing Ray Price that they are all going to run themselves out trying to get away from him :lol:

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Train Driver wrote:Obviously the Pakistani batsmen are so scared of facing Ray Price that they are all going to run themselves out trying to get away from him :lol:
And so they should be:
Shoaib Malik st Taibu b Price 4
:)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Train Driver wrote:Obviously the Pakistani batsmen are so scared of facing Ray Price that they are all going to run themselves out trying to get away from him :lol:
Price really has been the pick of the bowlers. He looks very, very good. He is really troubling the Pakistanis. Even his attitude, he looks so confident as he walks in to bowl.