Its official: Byrom, Welch, Hopper, Evans, Lock UK bound

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Its official: Byrom, Welch, Hopper, Evans, Lock UK bound

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

aydee

Re: Its official: Byrom, Welch, Hopper, Evans, Lock UK bound

Post by aydee »

None of that is really news though, is it.

I guess it is not impossible that some may return after school... Although admittedly unlikely.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Lock was never really that good in my opinion. Quite an arrogant character too. Welch is a loss though but maybe he will return.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I suppose its inevitable for white zimbos to leave for education. Understandable in fact. That being said, if the cricket talent continues to be lost, ZIM ought to be replaced by the likes of Ireland and/or Afghanistan. That might happen in the 2018 test challenge if Taylor, hammy, williams leave after the WC. By that time hammy will be past his prime at 34. Zim really needs Welch to come back once school is finished and the likes of Moore, burl, etc to develop.

Does this mean Welch won't be debuting for ZIM before age 22...or will he be done with school by age 20?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

If they had a dynamic u19 coach that actively tried to keep these boys engaged it would make a difference. Chawaguta has done himself no favours by aligning himself with Singo, who is an inept, corrupt racist and the white folk have voted with their feet and I'm really glad. Before they could always cover as there were a few players around but the white cupboard is empty now. Your infantile racist pathetic manoeverings have finally finished us off and you are still too stupid to figure it out. I told you all before, this is the last group of good players for a while. The talent pool will be reduced to a puddle if these guys don't return. The lure of the u19 WC should be irresistible but it doesn't look like many of them will come forward. One of the main reasons is that the selection is so ridiculous that despite sensible people knowing who should be in that team they will keep picking guys from Gokwe or wherever that will never ever make the grade. Sorry but it's true. They picked a South African kid last WC and the "first" passport they arranged for him said he was 15, when in fact he was already over age. If they dig it out and he wants another free holiday they will have a decent opener as he was ok.
I have nothing but contempt and dislike for these people in charge of age group. The only way change can happen is if we keep getting pummelled at age group level as well until someone can finally join the dots and figure out Singo is a huge part of the problem. Again whether these boys put their hands up for u19 depends on what opportunities they get overseas. I am hugely interested to see how well they do and what their respective counties think of them. Bear in mind that the only one who had any opportunity at franchise was Welch, who did spectacularly well for his age but then was overlooked this season when he looked significantly better than last season??? Essentially ZC are saying he's ok but doesn't really cut the mustard and not worth really bothering about, and the others are nowhere. Let's see what the English system thinks of them.