Zimbabwe commentators at the WC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe commentators at the WC

Post by foreignfield »

To give Pommie some credit, he's very ready to drop his "Look here, I'm THE GUY in the international cricket loop and now let us peruse what pittance is on offer for me today at HSC" routine whenever Zim actually do well. Remember how he just let all the juices flow when we beat Pakistan to level the Test series?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah Pommie got pretty excited when the boys won the Pakistan Test, it's hard for him to be positive about Zim when performances don't demand praise. I Know my self I get angry when I listen to biased commentators Rameez Raja and Bazid Khan were terribly biased in the Aus / NZ tours of the UAE ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Has anyone noticed that Dean DuPlessis isn't a fan of Ed Rainsford? I notice a few tweets by Dean 'knocking' Eddy's commentary.

IMO it's Dean having sour grapes, he's constantly complaining on twitter about not being given chances to commentate and I think he's jealous that Rainsford is moving up the ranks very quickly.

Thoughts ?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 am
Has anyone noticed that Dean DuPlessis isn't a fan of Ed Rainsford? I notice a few tweets by Dean 'knocking' Eddy's commentary.

IMO it's Dean having sour grapes, he's constantly complaining on twitter about not being given chances to commentate and I think he's jealous that Rainsford is moving up the ranks very quickly.

Thoughts ?
Clocked it a while ago. Sounds like sour grapes, but at the end of the day, Rainsford is a more lucrative option than Du Plessis. Being blind shouldn't hinder a commentator, but there are certain aspects (vital aspects, such as holding a presentation ceremony) which Dean would not be able to complete.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

He just looks petty making remarks at Eddy, a fellow country-man doing well ......

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:28 pm
Alan Wilkins and Matthew Hayden are terrible commentators, as is Damian Fleming. The best commentators are without doubt the New Zealand blokes, Smith, Richardson maybe not doull but certainly Styris
You don't rate Flem? I think he brings expertise that is lacking for the most part from a lot of com boxes

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:39 pm
Yeah Pommie got pretty excited when the boys won the Pakistan Test, it's hard for him to be positive about Zim when performances don't demand praise. I Know my self I get angry when I listen to biased commentators Rameez Raja and Bazid Khan were terribly biased in the Aus / NZ tours of the UAE ......
This discussion is baseless Zimbabwe hasn't qualified to the WC...they might not even play WC ...

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 am

Thoughts ?
https://twitter.com/dean_plessis/status ... 4539826176

No regards to Ed who is also there in Kabul :)