Zimbabwe commentators at the WC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Zimbabwe commentators at the WC

Post by foreignfield »

Does anyone know who'll bring a Zimbabwean perspective to proceedings behind the mike? I guess Pommie is a certainty ... but if our Director of Cricket, or whatever he calls himself nowadays, makes an appearance I think I'd better stay in bed.

I noticed that Nkala is in Australia this winter, playing cricket in the Melbourne area. Wouldn't it be nice to have him :)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe commentators at the WC

Post by sloandog »

Would have loved Dean to be there

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

These are the confirmed commentators:
The live broadcast will feature more than 30 commentators, past ICC Cricket World Cup winners and legends of the game from the leading participating countries. These include Wasim Akram, Russell Arnold, Michael Atherton, Ian Bishop, Allan Border, Ian Botham, Simon Doull, Rahul Dravid, Damien Fleming, Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Gavaskar, Matthew Hayden, Michael Hussey, Dean Jones, Nasser Hussain, Brendon Julian, Nick Knight, Brett Lee, David Lloyd, Sanjay Manjrekar, Damien Martyn, Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Tom Moody, Shaun Pollock, Rameez Raja, Mark Richardson, Michael Slater, Ian Smith, Scott Styris, Mark Taylor, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh alongside Harsha Bhogle, Mark Nicholas and Alan Wilkins.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Alan Wilkins and Matthew Hayden are terrible commentators, as is Damian Fleming. The best commentators are without doubt the New Zealand blokes, Smith, Richardson maybe not doull but certainly Styris

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Mbangwa is very good hs dne ipl. Ram slam all sa n zim matches . Wc

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yea the problem with Mbangwa is that he very rarely speaks well of ZC, not that there is a lot to speak well about, but even during the decent times it's always very very bleak, much like Tony Cozier and West Indies Cricket.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

SpitfiresKent wrote:These are the confirmed commentators:
The live broadcast will feature more than 30 commentators, past ICC Cricket World Cup winners and legends of the game from the leading participating countries. These include Wasim Akram, Russell Arnold, Michael Atherton, Ian Bishop, Allan Border, Ian Botham, Simon Doull, Rahul Dravid, Damien Fleming, Sourav Ganguly, Sunil Gavaskar, Matthew Hayden, Michael Hussey, Dean Jones, Nasser Hussain, Brendon Julian, Nick Knight, Brett Lee, David Lloyd, Sanjay Manjrekar, Damien Martyn, Mpumelelo Mbangwa, Tom Moody, Shaun Pollock, Rameez Raja, Mark Richardson, Michael Slater, Ian Smith, Scott Styris, Mark Taylor, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh alongside Harsha Bhogle, Mark Nicholas and Alan Wilkins.
Goodness me! Can it get any more boring at all?

The only names I would look forward to would be Rahul Dravid, Simon Doull, Michael Hussey, David Llloyd and Allan Border in that order, followed by our own Pommie. I agree Pommie does not really speak much about the Zim team, even appears out of touch on so many occasions. But he is better than any other name in the list for me, barring the ones mentioned before.

Would have loved to see Mike Haysman, Neil Manthorpe and Micheal Holding there. Just got to know another favorite of mine, Ranil Abeyanaike died two years ago! Didn't even know this...

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

zimstarr wrote:Mbangwa is very good hs dne ipl. Ram slam all sa n zim matches . Wc
Anyone able to translate ?

:?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Far too many Australian commentators there, more than one Aussie in a commentary box at any one time and they become very feral. Two would be tolerable if supervised by Botham, Gower, Lloyd or even Boycott.

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

sloandog wrote:Yea the problem with Mbangwa is that he very rarely speaks well of ZC, not that there is a lot to speak well about, but even during the decent times it's always very very bleak,
Lost my love for Mbangwa when we Zim toured SA in 2010. Like you say man the dude did not hava positive thing to say about ZIm. ALL commentators have a certain bias to their countries and its perfectly acceptable. and dude kept asing Elton the same questions at each different match. For his own personal development and career i give him props and wish him all the best. neil Johnson was always cool liked his commentary. And Neil Manthrop as well. Later for Mbangwa, also he doesnt seem in touch about our players anyway.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog