Match Thread - 1st ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
farhan

Re: Match Thread - 1st ODI - Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by farhan »

it
maehara wrote:
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Anyone know who won MOTM? I assume Chanderpaul but Chigumbura could be an outside chance.
Chamu Chibhabha, apparently.
its surely Chibhabha i just read from icc website.

farhan

Post by farhan »

maehara wrote:ICC Rankings after this match:

Code: Select all

Pl   Pts  Rnk  Ch
8  West Indies  29  2865   99  -3
9  Bangladesh   26  1238   48
10 Ireland       8   227   28
11 Zimbabwe     23   477   21  +4
Ch = points gained or lost from this match.
well zim are still at 11 surprized 477 points and have better points than irish but still on 11 position really strange.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

farhan wrote:well zim are still at 11 surprized 477 points and have better points than irish but still on 11 position really strange.
Ranking is your rating points divided by your matches played, to the nearest whole figure - so since Ireland only have to divide their points by 8 (instead of Zim's 23) they come out on top. The ratings calculations are horrible complex, but they do make sense when you go through them.

Zim need to win the series 4-1 or 5-0 to overtake Ireland. They can't catch Bangladesh this time out.

farhan

Post by farhan »

maehara wrote:Ranking is your rating points divided by your matches played, to the nearest whole figure - so since Ireland only have to divide their points by 8 (instead of Zim's 23) they come out on top. The ratings calculations are horrible complex, but they do make sense when you go through them.

Zim need to win the series 4-1 or 5-0 to overtake Ireland. They can't catch Bangladesh this time out.
well so it be tough ask for zim to overtake IRE. next year chapionstrophy going to be happened, if they opt for same qualification rule as they applied last time then zim may not be playing qualifcation matches it be irish.or other possiblity unless zim play some matches against bang or sides like of ireland.

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

farhan wrote:well so it be tough ask for zim to overtake IRE. next year chapionstrophy going to be happened, if they opt for same qualification rule as they applied last time then zim may not be playing qualifcation matches it be irish.or other possiblity unless zim play some matches against bang or sides like of ireland.
I don't think there's even qualifying for the next Champion's Trophy - it's just the top 8 sides, full stop. Although my memory could be failing me....

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

maehara wrote:
farhan wrote:well so it be tough ask for zim to overtake IRE. next year chapionstrophy going to be happened, if they opt for same qualification rule as they applied last time then zim may not be playing qualifcation matches it be irish.or other possiblity unless zim play some matches against bang or sides like of ireland.
I don't think there's even qualifying for the next Champion's Trophy - it's just the top 8 sides, full stop. Although my memory could be failing me....
I'm pretty sure that's correct, so I would be very surprised if Zimbabwe made it to the Champions Trophy - which is a shame, it's one of the few series you are likely to see on television.

Looking at the ratings, 4 points isn't a bad return for that win!

maehara
Administrator

Post by maehara »

Good article. Price is usually quite critical, but at least he gives credit where credit's due.

He's spot on about the difference in attitude between Curran and Brown, too. It's definitely making a difference to the tea. That's 3 competitive games in charge for Brown now, and he's won 2 of them - off to a flyer. :)