[Match Thread] Pakistan v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[Match Thread] Pakistan v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Post by grant »

Zimbabwe can help reverse 10-team decision - Chigumbura
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket ... 40587.html
I am sensing a Zimbabwe win here ;)

My squad :

Raza
Chibhabha (if fit, otherwise Regis or Matsi)
Hami
Taylor
Williams
Ervine
Mire (if fit, otherwise Utseya or Matsi)
Chigumbura
Mupariwa
Chatara
Panyangara

zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] Pakistan v Zimbabwe (World Cup Pool B)

Post by zimbos_05 »

grant wrote:
I am sensing a Zimbabwe win here ;)

I had a dream last night that we were playing Bangladesh and scored 135. They were 130/5 and well on course for victory. I remember thinking to myself,

'OH NO, ANOTHER LOSS, NO COME OOOOOONNNN!!!!! THIS CANT BE HAPPENING. THIS MUST BE A DREAM. LOOK. THE STADIUM DOESNT LOOK LIKE THE GABBA AND IM SURE WE'RE MEANT TO BE PLAYING PAKISTAN NOT BANGLADESH. WHY DO WE ALWAYS LOSE TO THESE CRAP TEAMS? WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE. IT HAS TO BE A DREAM. I THOUGHT WE WERE PLAYING ON SUNDAY? NO. COME ON! NOOOOO!!!!'

Then i woke up and realised it was a dream and now i am super nervous i don't want to do anything with my day because i am afraid i will break it.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

C'mon Zim

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Come on guys, we've been with you through the disastrous BD tour. Give us something to cheer about. We deserve it...

Go Chapungus!

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

elton is always saying i hope we play well stop this i hope crap n just win us a match we have been banking on hope for over 10yrs

tawac

Post by tawac »

Im guessing this game will depending on how we handle Afridi. If he has an off day we can win the game. If he takes three or four wickets. Taona moto(We see Red) :D !!!!
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac

Post by tawac »

Mupariwa deserves a run. If anything because our current formula has just not worked we need to try different combinations. Have Panyangara bowl out his overs early etc. We do have the Irish coming up. We cant afford to lose that one.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

0 Number of times that Zimbabwe have beaten a Test nation in the last three World Cups. Their last win was against South Africa in 1999. Associate teams like Ireland and Kenya have achieved multiple World Cup wins against Test nations in the intervening period.

Time to settle scores now.
Attachments
pak.jpg
pak.jpg (141.05 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Zimbabwe really have been poor at the World Cup for awhile. Time for that to change. This Pakistan side is in terrible form, let it continue against Zimbabwe.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes